Some questions from a newbie.

Hello!!

Today is the second week with my new MX3, I’m really satisfied, I like it very much!! :D However, there are some doubts I would like to clarify:

1. What is this icon on the notification area?

2. I know that Flyme uses the same notification icon for all the apps except mail, whatsapp, sms, downloads, etc… But, is there any way to change it? Or better wait until Meizu developers decide to change it?

3. On Settings -> Accesibility -> Battery there is poor information about battery stats:

And if you want to see it you have to activate the developers options. Is it normal?

4. Some apps,such as Photos from G+, Aviary or Fotor detect folders and files from computers on the same wifi network, wich is confusing because some times they are displayed after a time I leave the network:

Is this normal?

5. Is there any way to put the phone on silent mode without entering the settings app?

6. Is there any way to control the Google sync mode without entering the settings app? I’ve tried several apps from the Play Store but none of them worked.

7. Is there somewhere where I can report bugs, suggestions, etc to Meizu developers? Like Launchpad on Ubuntu…

Apologize for my English, it’s not my language…

Thank you very much and kind regards!! :D

Administrator

1. If you enable it, you are able to pull out the statusbar while running full screen applications, e.g. Asphalt 8.
2. These icons show up, if an up is running in the background/ the application hasn’t a proper icon, e.g. Steam.
3. Normal. I recommend and external app.
4. This could be an app issue, but I haven’t tried myself yet. Maybe consider an upgrade to 4.1.3.1.
5. In Flyme 3 you can do it by holding the power button, until the menu appears, here you can select it though. In Flyme 4 you can find it in the statusbar.
6. I need an example though, because I never experienced this.
7. Nope. Of course you can write on our forum or just send an email to Meizu, but I think it is quite useless, because the development of Flyme 3 has probably abandoned (we got Flyme 4, so :P).

@‘AOKP’ said:

1. If you enable it, you are able to pull out the statusbar while running full screen applications, e.g. Asphalt 8.
2. These icons show up, if an up is running in the background/ the application hasn’t a proper icon, e.g. Steam.
3. Normal. I recommend and external app.
4. This could be an app issue, but I haven’t tried myself yet. Maybe consider an upgrade to 4.1.3.1.
5. In Flyme 3 you can do it by holding the power button, until the menu appears, here you can select it though. In Flyme 4 you can find it in the statusbar.
6. I need an example though, because I never experienced this.
7. Nope. Of course you can write on our forum or just send an email to Meizu, but I think it is quite useless, because the development of Flyme 3 has probably abandoned (we got Flyme 4, so :P).

Hi!!

1.000.000 thanks for your response!! :D

1. Ok
2. Ok, then only wait until Meizu developers add these icons. I miss Play Store, Play Music, Spotify, Agent, Pocket Casts, and much more.
3. Ok, I use GSam Battery. May I ask for another app?
4. I prefer to wait the 4.1.x stable and then do a fresh install, I like stable versions like Ubuntu LTS. :)
5. Sorry, it’s my fault. It’s there every time I reboot/power off the phone but didn’t pay attention…:cool:
6. I know that background syncing (Gmail, Chrome, Contacts, G+, Calendar, app data, Docs, Sheets, etc…) drains the battery, and for me there is no need to always sync my data, once a day it’s enough. For that reason I like to use apps like AutomateIt, Condi or widgets/apps like Synker or Quick Sync. But none of them worked well. So finally I’ve opted for only sync permanently just the necessary.
7. Ok. also thought to write on this forum, I like it!! :D:D

Another thing I’ve forgotten before… Please, do you know what exactly does the “Power Saving Mode”?

Regards!!

Administrator

There are several modes. These exist since the first MX (back then they were named, Low, Normal, High). It is just the CPU speed. Power Saving should be like 1GHz, 2nd one 1,2GHz, and third 1,6GHz. Maybe it also decides how many cores work at once, but I haven’t looked very close into it yet.

@‘AOKP’ said:

There are several modes. These exist since the first MX (back then they were named, Low, Normal, High). It is just the CPU speed. Power Saving should be like 1GHz, 2nd one 1,2GHz, and third 1,6GHz. Maybe it also decides how many cores work at once, but I haven’t looked very close into it yet.

Ok, I understand know. I doubt because on Flyme 3 there is only one option: on-off. So, I thought it worked like the Power Saving mode on my old Moto G, when arrives at 14% battery level disconects data, etc.

Thank you very much for your help and very best regards!! :D:D

Administrator

@acutbal,

no problem. I am glad I could help you. :)

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.