Horrible experience with Meizu right from the beginning!

My mistake started from the moment I had made my decision to purchase MX4, my first (and will be the last) Meizu product.

I purchased MX4 on 30th of September from Meizu Mart. Yet, it arrived on 28th of October. It was understandable since Chinese had pretty long holiday season on first week of October, and MX4 seemed to be selling like hotcakes on its launch.

Anyways, the phone I had had some coating defect on its rear camera lens.

So I contacted Meizu regarding that particular matter.
Guess what? They said no product is perfect and I had to either live with it or send the phone back at my expense.
Plus, if I send the phone back to them, I will also be responsible for the freight back to me.

At this moment, I was like WTF! But since it would cost like for round trip shipping cost for phone, I decided to live with it. Then another problem came up on very next morning. My MX4 prompted me that there’s newer version of Flyme OS, so I updated it. But right after updating my MX4 with Flyme OS 4.0.3I, IMEI information on my phone got erased for some unknown reason. And I was ended up with totally unusable MX4.

I opened a dispute on PayPal.com regarding this matter and I contacted Meizu Support once again and I asked them to send me the new MX4 as a replacement unit instead of opening the brand new phone to do the fix, which Meizu Support Team said they would. I’ve also asked them to personally inspect the phone before they ship it out so I do not go through unwanted hassles for the replacement phone, which Meizu Support team agreed.

Then Meizu told me to close the dispute so we could go on and proceed with our agreed resolution, so I did and sent my phone back to Meizu on 5th of November and it did cost me approximately .

After waiting for three whole weeks, Meizu finally contacted me to verify the shipping address and told me to send them the shipping. It was 26th of November.
Along with my verification of the shipping address, I asked them again just to make sure that Meizu inspect the phone before it gets shipped out. Meizu Support Team wrote me that they would.

After waiting another two weeks, I finally received the replacement MX4 last night, 9th of December.
However, the MX4 came DOA. It has the touch screen issue that makes the phone completely unusable.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5oe0736g7jmhdm/VID_20141210_103839.mp4?dl=0

After waiting for two months, I am ended up with this garbage.
Now what the hell am I supposed to do?

Is this some kind of joke for Meizu? The whole experience was simply a nightmare to me.
This was the worst ever experience I had with any phone maker and I am warning everyone who reads it to be AWARE!

Thanks for reading.
And this is to Meizu. SHAME ON YOU!

I’m so sad that you had bad experience with meizu and meizumart.

I ordered my mx4-m461-unicom from aliexpress.
received fully new-unpacked device and it’s working like a dream since day one.

Sometimes we need some help from Miss.Lady Luck.

Anyway shame on meizu for sending you 2 devices with defects.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Wow. Unbelievable. Did you try to put different firmware on either of the devices using recovery and cleaning the data? Open dispute and get a refund. Then go for Xiaomi from Ibuygou. That is where I always buy the devices - never let me down.

But seriously, buying from the vendor should be the best path always, WTF Meizu?

Dude, mind selling me the cover you have nce you won’t be using the device anymore? SOrry for asking.

@ssohn

That sounds bad man… (I doubt you will even revisit this forum to read our replies…) :( Indeed, shame on them.

Thank you all for your interest.
I’ve contacted Meizu Mart Support regarding this matter and I will follow up what they say.

And as for @boober78
The case I use is a black “Nillkin Frosted Shield Case for Meizu MX4” which you can find on either Aliexpress or Oppomart for less than $10.00.

@‘ssohn’ said:

Thank you all for your interest.
I’ve contacted Meizu Mart Support regarding this matter and I will follow up what they say.

And as for @boober78
The case I use is a black “Nillkin Frosted Shield Case for Meizu MX4” which you can find on either Aliexpress or Oppomart for less than $10.00.

Let us know once there’s any progress.

Admin

Wow, seems like you’ve got extremely unlucky. Defective devices don’t get through checks too easily, and I’m pretty sure they check each device at Meizumart before sending out any. I understand your frustration, however please let us know how the third try turns out… Good luck with that and also, it’d be quite fair from Meizu to pay at least 50% of the shipping - as sending out non-working devices is obviously a problem of theirs.

The erased IMEI reminds me. The MX3 also had this problem, when another Flyme Account was used before. Maybe this means your MX4 was a RE phone.

@samanen
Yes I may be extremely unlucky. But my view is a bit different. To me, it is more of a problem with Meizu’s customer care or support. The amount of time it takes for a replacement unit and the way they handle customer’s claim proove that they are not ready for the prime time. It is simply unacceptable for a company which does not only in Chinese domestic market but does also worldwide sales.

Wow, sorry about that mate. I personally never had any problem on my Meizus. I owned an M8, MX, MX3 and now an MX4… I didn’t have to contact Meizu after sales support either, that’s why I personally cannot comment on this case. Hopefully you will get it solved soon.

Again…sorry!

@abies
Hope you never have to. Really!
But if you ever do sometime, I bet you would most definitely know what I am talking about. :)

Strange situation of course.
Anyway, try to use some newer firmware. You will lose nothing

Admin

@‘ssohn’ said:

@samanen
Yes I may be extremely unlucky. But my view is a bit different. To me, it is more of a problem with Meizu’s customer care or support. The amount of time it takes for a replacement unit and the way they handle customer’s claim proove that they are not ready for the prime time. It is simply unacceptable for a company which does not only in Chinese domestic market but does also worldwide sales.

I’ve been into contact with them before as well, and I’ll have to admit it - Meizu has a lot to learn from - as funny as it sounds - their resellers… The reseller shops are not perfect either at least just yet (might also be due to them having to work with the exactly same Meizu support as we do), but I can sense the things have already taken the direction of changing to the better. It’s a big big shame but we hardly can do a thing for it from “behind the lake”.

I’ve talked to Meizu and they requested me to shoot another video so their engineer can figure out what the problem is.
So I did. Here’s the link to the new video showing touch screen issues once again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hrebi7ks8t8rvg/VID_20141212_115045.mp4?dl=0

Just received an email from Meizu regarding this touch screen issue.
I hope what they are saying is true. We will see when the new firmware comes out.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.