Any solution to touch screen issue on MX4 I am having?

I received the new MX4 last night. Yet it showed touch screen issue that made the phone unusable.
I don’t know why but it seems that touch is registered on way-off the place that I cannot control.

The phone came with Flyme OS 4.0.4I. And restarting MX4 solves the touch screen issue temporarily.
However, the touch screen issue keeps occurring again and again.

I have proceeded factory reset along with clearing user data multiple times, but it does not help.
I’ve tried downgrading the phone with Flyme OS 4.0.3I, but the it does not seem to help either.

Does anyone know it there’s any way to resolve my touch screen issue?

I’ve uploaded the video that I recorded resembling the touch screen issue:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5oe07 … 210_103839.mp4?dl=0

TIA!

@‘ssohn’ said:

I received the new MX4 last night. Yet it showed touch screen issue that made the phone unusable.
I don’t know why but it seems that touch is registered on way-off the place that I cannot control.

The phone came with Flyme OS 4.0.4I. And restarting MX4 solves the touch screen issue temporarily.
However, the touch screen issue keeps occurring again and again.

I have proceeded factory reset along with clearing user data multiple times, but it does not help.
I’ve tried downgrading the phone with Flyme OS 4.0.3I, but the it does not seem to help either.

Does anyone know it there’s any way to resolve my touch screen issue?

I’ve uploaded the video that I recorded resembling the touch screen issue:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5oe07 … 210_103839.mp4?dl=0

TIA!

Maybe try experimental 4.1.x from this thread…

Do you have any screen protector on the MX4? Sometimes some cheap ones may affect the touch responsiveness and result in this…

@‘OMGRonnie’ said:

Do you have any screen protector on the MX4? Sometimes some cheap ones may affect the touch responsiveness and result in this…

Oh, yes, that’s true.

@boober78
Thanks for your suggestion. But I would not try updating to A/C/U version on international version of MX4. They leave some Chinese apps, which of course you can delete, even after coming back to I version of Flyme OS.

@OMGRonnie
I had a tempered glass protector on it, but even after I removed it, the problem persists. And I believe that my problem is not related to a screen protector, since restarting the phone would temporarily fix this problem for a short period of time.

@‘ssohn’ said:

@boober78
Thanks for your suggestion. But I would not try updating to A/C/U version on international version of MX4. They leave some Chinese apps, which of course you can delete, even after coming back to I version of Flyme OS.

@OMGRonnie
I had a tempered glass protector on it, but even after I removed it, the problem persists. And I believe that my problem is not related to a screen protector, since restarting the phone would temporarily fix this problem for a short period of time.

But as you mentioned, you can delete the apps without any problems. I would try, but it’s you call. I have A version of the firmware and no bloat were, everything works just great.

Just received an email from Meizu regarding this touch screen issue:

I have the same problem…

100% the same thing happens. I got phone from aliexpress 4 days ago. It was witt 4.04C, now i use 4.1.3. Same problem persists.

Damn.

What do you guys think could be the problem?

It will be a kernel related problem

@‘punkmonkey1984’ said:

So it should be fixed after new firmware, right?

That’s down to meizu, but hopefully.

@‘gm1337’ said:

@‘punkmonkey1984’ said:

No matter how much I hope it is a software related issue, I highly doubt it is. Since not all MX4s suffer from this problem (including my previous MX4), it may be related to something else.
But I will hold my opinion until the next firmware does come out.
I will post if there’s any sort of update. :)

@‘ssohn’ said:

@‘gm1337’ said:

@‘punkmonkey1984’ said:

No matter how much I hope it is a software related issue, I highly doubt it is. Since not all MX4s suffer from this problem (including my previous MX4), it may be related to something else.
But I will hold my opinion until the next firmware does come out.
I will post if there’s any sort of update. :)

Did you try thelatest firmware? Maybe it’s worth to give it a try.

Well I can confirm that the new firmware (Flyme OS v4.0.4.1I) which was released on 16th of Dec. did not fix the touch screen issue. Sigh…

I’ve have to send my phone back to HK because the latest firmware didn’t fix my smartbar and start button that’s totally dead. This phone looks like it will be my most expensive yet.

Does anyone know if there is a chance of having to pay taxes again ? The support looks more or less retarded, it took two videos to prove that it’s dead and then another 4 days to get a reply.

Sent from a iPhone 6 plus

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.