Hard-reset from recovery

Hi,

My MX4 home-button just stopped working so I.

1. Restarted a few time
2. Reset the phone normally, without any success with the home-buttom
3. Reinstall the firmware from recovery

Non of those got my darn home-button back, but how do I do a hard-reset from recovery?

I wiped from recovery.
That got mine back working when I went back to the 4.0.4I version from the Chinese test firmware.
Although. I couldn’t go back to home.
The home halo button still did light and vibrate on touching.

Does yours at least light up when you touch it and vibrate?

Hi. Yes it lights up and looks alright , but it don’t work. It’s not just home but also meizy back button in apps.

Do your phone work like it should now?
I was also on 4.1.2A when it happend. But nothing got better with 4.0.4I

Sent from a mobile gadget…

@‘zztop007’ said:

Hi. Yes it lights up and looks alright , but it don’t work. It’s not just home but also meizy back button in apps.

Do your phone work like it should now?
I was also on 4.1.2A when it happend. But nothing got better with 4.0.4I

I had to wipe everything from recovery, after it worked fine on 4.0.4I
Backup your apps and home launcher first.

I’ve got backups on everything but reset or reinstall don’t work sadly. I tried most firmwares but home button is just… Dead. Tried to contact meizu let’s see if they got any tricks up their sleeve.

@‘zztop007’ said:

I’ve got backups on everything but reset or reinstall don’t work sadly. I tried most firmwares but home button is just… Dead. Tried to contact meizu let’s see if they got any tricks up their sleeve.

Seems to be a trend going on at the moment of home buttons stopping.
Hopefully it might be just a kernel issue

Which MX4 model do you guys have?
International right?

I have Unicom M461
I tested all firmwares 4-5 times maybe more.
All firmwares from 4.0.1U/A/C to 4.1.2A and now 4.0.4.1-U

I don’t have any issues with home button.
I don’t want to jinx my home button :)

But I think it might be a revision or model issue,don’t you think?
It might be that M461 international have different revision home button than chinese models m461 and m460?

Or maybe it is I/International firmware kernel issue?

I really hope it’s a kernel issue ,
cause it will be very very bad for Meizus reputation
if it is a hardware-revision defect.

Sent from my Meizu MX4 using Tapatalk

Administrator

My idea would be to flash 4.0.2 and then 4.0.4.1. This should delete some kernel trash.

@AOKP

With clear data in between of course, right? ;)

Administrator

Yes, thanks for reminding me.

I’ll try that, that’s about what in haven’t tried, older to new. Thanks for the tip

I don’t think it will be a hardware issue, it’s likely going to be kernel related problems. I can’t see the captive button just stop working all of a sudden. It’s not like captive buttons is a new technology. My old sgsII captive buttons still work after about 3 years and smashed buttons.

Didn’t work with 4.0.2 either. Flashing away I tried the newest one also, why not, but… No banana.
It sounds like a software problem because booth home-button and Meizu lower “bar” is just plain dead so in recovery I have to use volume up/down–> Power to start the installation.

Let’s try initial version:)

I too would like to know if there’s any way to completely reset the phone.
From my experience, clearing user data does not mean complete reset.

When I switch from FlymeOS 4.0.4I to FlymeOS 4.0.4A, automatic installation process of Chinese bloatwares gets implemented.
Switching back to 4.0.4I version won’t remove this process even after clearing user data during switching back.
Performing factory reset and clearing user data in settings won’t remove it either.

So it is safe to assume that factory reset won’t do complete resetting of the phone back to initial stage.

@‘ssohn’ said:

I too would like to know if there’s any way to completely reset the phone.
From my experience, clearing user data does not mean complete reset.

When I switch from FlymeOS 4.0.4I to FlymeOS 4.0.4A, automatic installation process of Chinese bloatwares gets implemented.
Switching back to 4.0.4I version won’t remove this process even after clearing user data during switching back.
Performing factory reset and clearing user data in settings won’t remove it either.

So it is safe to assume that factory reset won’t do complete resetting of the phone back to initial stage.

Also noticed that the Chinese apps reappear when switching back to the international version.
They are not included in the international version update.zip.
Seems they are being stored somewhere else.
I think I found them while digging about on root explorer once

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.