Moving from version 4.0.4U to 4.0.4I, Urgent please!

As I can change my lña version MX4 4.0.4U to 4.0.4I, I try but I just this screen appears.
and I can not continue, Please help.

You cannot install the international firmware unless you have the international version of mx4 (which comes with the I firmware pre-installed) with the unlocked bootloader.
Install the A firmware (4.1.2A). There is 3-4 chinese apps but you can uninstall them later.

Contributor

If your phone came preinstalled with ‘U’(unicom - a chinese mobile network) firmware you cannot use ‘I’(international) …
You have to download the ‘A’(generic chinese version). There will be a few chinese apps which you can uninstall easily. And you will have to install google services manually (guide is in the forums)

I have U version at the moment. Will installing A version delete my data and settings? Configuration of the home screen is not so easy when having loads of apps and no app drawer… I was expecting international version, but received unicorn 

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Contributor

boober78,
It is better to backup your data. You can update without selecting ‘clear data’ and your apps will be fine.
However if it bootloops (sometimes it does when you change versions) you can go into recovery by vol up+power and clear data (app data and settings are cleared. Your sdcard files will be fine)

Both versions use Flyme Ui so you won’t have app drawer in either. You can try installing a third party launcher…

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

boober78,
It is better to backup your data. You can update without selecting ‘clear data’ and your apps will be fine.
However if it bootloops (sometimes it does when you change versions) you can go into recovery by vol up+power and clear data (app data and settings are cleared. Your sdcard files will be fine)

Both versions use Flyme Ui so you won’t have app drawer in either. You can try installing a third party launcher…

I know I won’t. Just setting up all folders might take some time if you have many apps. Is it worth to install latest version? Some battery improvements?

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.