Firmware questions

Hi guys!
A new MX4 owner since yesterday :D

I’ve been reading in this forum and still have several questions:

1. Flyme - I have the 4.0.4C, bought it in China so I guess it stands for Chinese.
Which updates can I flash? I/A/C/Any?

2. Android version - Device came with 4.4.2, Why? Update app says I have latest Flyme version but what about the Android version? Internet says it should come with 4.4.4

3. Does enabling ROOT / Changing device language / Installing Google services / Swithich launcher, changes something to updates? can I still update?

Thanks!

EDIT:
4. Models - My box says Model: M460, what does that mean? what other models are available and what are the differences?

You can ONLY flash firmwared U and A.
Firmware I is only for international model m461 sold outside china and on meizumart.

I suggest you to install firmware 4.1.2A it has some Chinese apps but you can delete them easy.
For play store,just enter appcenter,type google and install - mx4 google installer,after installing google installer the phone will reboot to activate google service permisions and you’ll have full working google play store+services.

M461-China Unicom and
M460-China Mobile
are sold in china mainland.
They both have the same hardware,the difference is in preinstalled firmwares from default operators/carriers.
On both devices you can install only firmwares U and A.

On the international m461 sold outside china you can install any firmware I,U and A thats because the international model have recovery that doesn’t check signing,and the bootloader has open permisions for international zips.

There is NO android 4.4.4 for MX4.
The latest/newest version is
Flyme OS 4.1.2A running on android 4.4.2.

Sent from my Meizu MX4 using Tapatalk

@‘Gajche’ said:

You can ONLY flash firmwared U and A.
Firmware I is only for international model m461 sold outside china and on meizumart.

I suggest you to install firmware 4.1.2A it has some Chinese apps but you can delete them easy.
For play store,just enter appcenter,type google and install - mx4 google installer,after installing google installer the phone will reboot to activate google service permisions and you’ll have full working google play store+services.

M461-China Unicom and
M460-China Mobile
are sold in china mainland.
They both have the same hardware,the difference is in preinstalled firmwares from default operators/carriers.
On both devices you can install only firmwares U and A.

On the international m461 sold outside china you can install any firmware I,U and A thats because the international model have recovery that doesn’t check signing,and the bootloader has open permisions for international zips.

There is NO android 4.4.4 for MX4.
The latest/newest version is
Flyme OS 4.1.2A running on android 4.4.2.

Thank you!

About the android 4.4.4… i saw that the mx4 pro already has it (with flyme 4.1), so may it will be available in the next updates of flyme for mx4.

For me sincirely ,it doesn’t matter.
The device works perfectly on 4.4.2
plus it has 3.10.x kernel.

Nexus 6 has the latest android 5 and still runs older kernel 3.4.x

Meizu is updating sources and drivers in almost every update,the base is 4.4.2,and I think they are using 4.4.2 on purpose because it is the most stable.

Contributor

The android version has more to do with the kernel which depends upon the SoC manufacturer.
MX3 / MX4 pro use samsung exynos and both already have 4.4.4
Whereas mx4 uses mediatek which is at 4.4.2 (so mediatek might not have updated yet)

Anyway the difference in 4.4.4 and 4.4.2 minor.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.