Sony's X-Reality Mobi Engine

I found an app from internet for Sony’s X-Reality Mobi Engine. It needs to add the following lines to build.prop

ro.service.swiqi3.supported=true
persist.service.swiqi3.enable=1

I wanna know is it dangerous to change build.prop?

here is the link to the webpage for Sony’s X-Reality Mobi Engine

http://technosamigos.com/sony-xperia-z2-x-reality-image-enhancer-download-sony-x-reality-apk/

Thanks

Contributor

Doing anything to system files is always dangerous.
So first backup everything you have.

Problem with build.prop changes / mods like graphics engines will at max make you boot loop. Which you can easily fix by simply reflashing the firmware from recovery. (may require clear data as well)

I tried, and don’t have any boot loop, it’s safe ;)

@furious.builder

How does it improve the camera photos taken from the MX4? May you post a few examples with the feature on and then off? :D This seems very interesting, also since the MX4 is using Sony sensors… ;)

@‘OMGRonnie’ said:

@furious.builder

How does it improve the camera photos taken from the MX4? May you post a few examples with the feature on and then off? :D This seems very interesting, also since the MX4 is using Sony sensors… ;)

Sorry to infirm you my friend but Sony’s X-Reality Mobi Engine only improve the quality of pictures and video while watching it.

@‘furious.builder’ said:

I tried, and don’t have any boot loop, it’s safe ;)

You mean you have succeeded in lunching Sony’s X-Reality Mobi Engine?

Oh, thank you for sharing! It still is quite exciting :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added those lines to build.prop but i cant flash Sony’s X-Reality Mobi Engine. its in a zip format and i dont know how to go to recovery to flash a zip file.

@‘Ranjan’ said:

I added those lines to build.prop but i cant flash Sony’s X-Reality Mobi Engine. its in a zip format and i dont know how to go to recovery to flash a zip file.

Just add the files in the correct places with a root explorer and set permissions.

@‘punkmonkey1984’ said:

@‘Ranjan’ said:

Just add the files in the correct places with a root explorer and set permissions.

i placed those files in there location except for meta-inf files as a learned that meta-inf files are not required to copy during this process. but how to set permission? í mean which check box has to be marked and which to be not in the permission window?

Contributor

@Ranjan,
You want permission set to (rw–r--r–) for your system files…

And google to the rescue:
www.gizmobolt.com/2014/07/01/how-to-move-apps-to-system-folder-and-set-permissions-rw-r-r/

Towrds the very end is the ‘after’ photo…

@negrito it improves the color reproduction on your phone’s screen.

Hy guys,

Soif this apk really works, let helother users to install.

Can someone ho’s using this post some photoof the dislay before and after, in order to see the improvements.

thanks

@‘catadarius’ said:

Hy guys,

Soif this apk really works, let helother users to install.

Can someone ho’s using this post some photoof the dislay before and after, in order to see the improvements.

thanks

After I placed the files in the correct places with correct permissions, I got a bootloop. Had to reflash the software.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.