Move to International Version

Hi
I got the Meizu MX4 running 4.0.4U. I am from India so I dont want these Chinese bloatware. So i was wondering is there any way to install the international firmware 4.0.4I?

@‘Ranjan’ said:

Hi
I got the Meizu MX4 running 4.0.4U. I am from India so I dont want these Chinese bloatware. So i was wondering is there any way to install the international firmware 4.0.4I?

You can only install 4.0.4I version if your phone was originally a International version when you brought it.

Contributor

@Ranjan,
You have bought the Chinese version of the phone… If you try to install the I (international) version of the firmware you will most likely get a firmware corrupt error.
However you can install the A (china mainland) version which should remove some of the Unicom stuff… You can uninstall the other chinese software like weibo alipay anyway…

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

@Ranjan,
You have bought the Chinese version of the phone… If you try to install the I (international) version of the firmware you will most likely get a firmware corrupt error.
However you can install the A (china mainland) version which should remove some of the Unicom stuff… You can uninstall the other chinese software like weibo alipay anyway…

Its no problem even if its a unicom version but some of the apps are in Chinese language which is impossible to use so is there is another way to use these apps in english?

@Ranjan those apps are meant for use in China only. They aren’t included in international version firmwares. It’s totally safe to remove them.

Hi guys, I’m fonsieforte from italy.

I bought my mx4 in China and I have the 4.0.4A. I would like to move to International Version but when I try to install 4.0.4I I have a firmware corrupt error. How i can do?

@fonsieforte
You can’t install international firmware on a chinese mx4. If the text on battery is all in english then you have the international version, otherwise you have the chinese version.

The A firmware is ok, if you want you can upgrade to 4.1.1A testing firmware.

Hi tony, the text in tehe battery is in english and chinese… so I should have the chinese version?

At least that was the sure way to distinguish the international from chinese mx3. If the packaging is in English and the charger is European (without the need of an adapter) then is the International. But since you got the firmware corrupt message and, as you said, you had bought it from china then it must be the china version. No big deal, as already others have said, you can easily uninstall the few chinese apps which A firmware has.

See this video for international version unboxing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKm4WQQRBro

@fonsieforte

Yes, you have the Chinese version of the MX4 which means you can’t install the “I” version of FlyMe :(

Thanks guys… I’m sure I’ll have a great time with my chinese device :-)

@‘fonsieforte’ said:

Thanks guys… I’m sure I’ll have a great time with my chinese device :-)

Haha don’t worry, I’m in the same boat as you and I’m sure we will! ;)

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.