Firmware corupt - m351 3.5.x

Hello, I recently bought MX3 from tele2 Croatia. It is running 3.5.(something,doesnt say?) version of Flyme OS . So I wanted to update to 4.4 android version but everytime I download update.zip or update.bin I get firmware corupt. I really need help. I’ve tried every method of updating but its still firmware corupt message. Plz help ,tnx

@‘CROnino’ said:

Hello, I recently bought MX3 from tele2 Croatia. It is running 3.5.(something,doesnt say?) version of Flyme OS . So I wanted to update to 4.4 android version but everytime I download update.zip or update.bin I get firmware corupt. I really need help. I’ve tried every method of updating but its still firmware corupt message. Plz help ,tnx

Do you have “Clear data” on?
Well, where did you get the files from? At least important to know, although we cannot fix the firmware corrupt message itself ;)

Contributor

@CROnino,
Check the md5 of the files you download. The .bin file is supposed to work on all devices.
However we have recently come across one carrier (o2 czhec) which seemingly has a different signature and meizu direct updates don’t work. (you can find the post here in the forums).

You might want to contact your carrier and meizu support if the md5 match and you still get corrupt firmware msg.

Yes I enabled clear data, I will try to check md5 when I have time. Btw all the files were downloaded from this forum.

Administrator

If its branded like the o2 MX3 in the Czech Republic for example, you need the branded firmware. It is quite strange, but anyway.

I’ too afraid to ask tele2 in Croatia for firmwareupdate problem. The girl from the store didnt know how to unlock the phone…
For me any logical explaination would be that europeian phones need special kind of firmware that will come at the end of this year.

The problem with firmware corrupt has to be related only with hk devices sold through providers and not with the hk devices sold by other european resellers. And what if someone has already root the device? will he be able to receive the OTA updates through the provider? I think meizu should provide a better solution for these customers.

Contributor

@tony,
Yes. It is a problem with most carrier bound devices. The update comes when the carrier pushes the update after they are satisfied with their testing / adding their own stuff…

Usually rooted devices don’t get OTAs…

I will try to talk with tele2 Croatia and see if there is a solution to our problem

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.