Home button suddenly stopped working

Hey all,

I have my meizu for about a week now and it worked like a charm but yesterday the home button suddenly stopped working.

It was just sitting in my pocket on standby. So I didn’t really do something that may cause this reaction. I already did a cache and data wipe and also reinstalled the 4.0.4u but so far no luck.

Does anyone know a solution?

Administrator

Is it still lighted up?

If yes, try to clean it first, if this doesn’t helps either just turn the phone down and leave it for 1 or 2h.

@‘AOKP’ said:

Is it still lighted up?

If yes, try to clean it first, if this doesn’t helps either just turn the phone down and leave it for 1 or 2h.

Yes it does light up and it is responsing to the home-led setting. So when i disable the home-led in settings it turns black if i turn it back on it lights up again. Also when the screen is active the button also lights up.

I have a screen protector sitting over it and didn’t have any problems with the responsiveness so far. I already took it off but no difference.

I’ll try to put the phone of for a few hours and will then check if it works again or not.

Thanks for your help already :).

@jolu How did turning it off for a few hours go? I hope it resolved your problem… If not maybe try removing the screen protector (at least close to the home button) and see whether that works. :)

EDIT: It could also be due to static?? But then the whole screen wouldn’t work also I guess… Hmmmm

@‘OMGRonnie’ said:

@jolu How did turning it off for a few hours go? I hope it resolved your problem… If not maybe try removing the screen protector (at least close to the home button) and see whether that works. :)

EDIT: It could also be due to static?? But then the whole screen wouldn’t work also I guess… Hmmmm

I removed the screen protector. I let the battery completely drain. Charged it and power it back on. Still no luck.

Tried powering it off for a few hours 3-4. Still not working.

BTW: The multitasking (swiping up from the bottom) still works. It’s just the touch of the home-button that fails.
Any other suggestions?

Admin

I would contact Meizu in terms of warranty, as it’s a brand new device. You could still shut down the phone, remove back cover and the screws and blow in some canned air. Don’t know if it affects your warranty though, do at your own risk.

@‘samanen’ said:

I would contact Meizu in terms of warranty, as it’s a brand new device. You could still shut down the phone, remove back cover and the screws and blow in some canned air. Don’t know if it affects your warranty though, do at your own risk.

i contacted my supplier and i’m waiting for their reply.

It is quite annoying because everything still works good except the home button.

And based on my experience with repairing phones, the capacitive button will probably a small cable connector which can be broken inside instead of a loose wire. So opening it won’t make a difference.

Might be wrong on this one

Did find any solution?
My home button on my MX4 just, like 30 minutes ago, stopped working.
I’ve tried reboot, reset and after a reset I cant get further after choosing english.

@‘zztop007’ said:

Did find any solution?
My home button on my MX4 just, like 30 minutes ago, stopped working.
I’ve tried reboot, reset and after a reset I cant get further after choosing english.

No sorry, haven’t found a solution yet. but i do use ‘Floating Soft Keys’ to get home-button functionality.

I’m gonna return my device after the holidays because I cant afford it to miss my meizu during this busy times.

Ahh. Darn.
I did a reset and can’t get it to work again :)

@‘zztop007’ said:

Ahh. Darn.
I did a reset and can’t get it to work again :)

I did order a new lcd with touchscreen assembly on it.

I really hope that can fix the issue. (Oh and btw I have one chinese version and one international, both have the issue)

So i’m gonna try to replace the lcd on the chinese version and send the international version for repairs.

I still trying to get meizu to swap my phone. It’s been broken for a couple of weeks now. They asked med to use latest software but off course it didn’t help. Booth home button and smartbar is dead so I can’t get past choose language in setup.

Sent from a mobile gadget…

:( I hope they take it back soon and replace/fix the MX4 pronto!

mine has the same problem home button started to not working… what did you do ? is it replaced

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.