M5s Camera app?

My other half purchased an m5s which seems dead on this forum? It’s a really nice phone but there’s a real issue with the with the camera app!

When you take a picture the taken photo is really white and washed out, but if you take the picture with another app called HD Camera, for example, its perfectly fine!

Any help?

Admin

@Laurence-Reeves the m5s is indeed not that popular.

Nonetheless, we still got everything it takes to fix the bug. ;)
As you might have found out already, the bug you have is related to a software issue (camera works with a different app). Therefore, it might be necessary for you to perform a firmware upgrade.

Before I am going to explain to you step-by-step I would like to know, which kind of device it is.
Is it a Chinese or Global one.
You can check this by the packaging being in Chinese or English. Alternatively you can tell me, where she’ve bought it (only Meizu and their official retailers provide real G firmware devices).

Furthermore, it would be helpful to know the firmware version the device is currently running on. To do so enter the Settings>About phone>Build number.
Please be careful, in case you want to post a screenshot and hide your IMEI and S/N (Serial number).

last edited by Rey

@Rey said in M5s Camera app?:

@Laurence-Reeves the m5s is indeed not that popular.

Nonetheless, we still got everything it takes to fix the bug. ;)
As you might have found out already, the bug you have is related to a software issue (camera works with a different app). Therefore, it might be necessary for you to perform a firmware upgrade.

Before I am going to explain to you step-by-step I would like to know, which kind of device it is.
Is it a Chinese or Global one.
You can check this by the packaging being in Chinese or English. Alternatively you can tell me, where she’ve bought it (only Meizu and their official retailers provide real G firmware devices).

Furthermore, it would be helpful to know the firmware version the device is currently running on. To do so enter the Settings>About phone>Build number.
Please be careful, in case you want to post a screenshot and hide your IMEI and S/N (Serial number).

Thanks for the reply.

It’s a global G firmware mobile purchased from aliexpress.

I’ve gone into software updates in the settings but it’s claiming to be up to date.

It’s currently on 5.2.13.0G

Admin

Then its most likely a Chinese device as there are no official retailers on AliExpress. You can either try to reflash the G firmware with “Wipe user data too”.

We got all what you need for this on our Wiki and Firmware Archive.

If you run into any issues feel free to ask ;)

P.S.:In case the flash with a G firmware returns “Firmware corrupt”, you will have to flash a Chinese A firmware. It comes with English, but no Play Services. However, the Wiki provides a solution for that.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.