Flyme OS 6.1.0.0 stable (Pro 5)
Meizu Pro 5

It can’t be installed as it keeps giving error. I tried to install it on two Pro 5 devices but it happens the same. Any ideas?

Admin

@xeon550 maybe the file is corrupted. I will verify the md5 and try on my own.

Update:
Server returnt 5bcd1ac0bcda97436e10d3c05da7de14 update.zip.
According to the chinese Flyme website the correct md5 is 5bcd1ac0bcda97436e10d3c05da7de14.
So something is wrong on your end, can you tell us the exact error message?

last edited by Rey
Meizu Pro 5

The error is: Important data is lost due to network error during download. Please download again.

Meizu Pro 5

If I try to download using the cellular data I receive the same error like when trying to download on wireless. Is there any link where from I can download the update file?

Meizu Pro 5

Finally I updated to 6.1.0.0A following the link provided on this forum. Trying to update from phone Update app it won’t work.

@xeon550

I think this is a very old link 6.1.0.0 and old software.
6.7. etc comes after 6.1.0.0.
The right G version to use is Flyme OS 6.7.3.3 beta (Pro 5)
and the newest A or Y version is 6.7.5.23

Admin

@ca876 6.1.0.0A is newer than 6.7.5.X.

You messed something up with the versioning.

6.1.0.0 is a stable firmware.

6.7.5.X means: Flyme 6, 2017, May (5th month), X (day) and indicates its a beta.

I successfully updated to this version using the Update app. However, I have trouble with the root access - none of the apps I gave root permissions to can do superuser tasks. The SuperSU app can’t apply it’s binaries (says “binary occupied”), TitaniumBackup seems to achieve nothing (although no errors are reported), I can’t browse the system storage using the FX explorer, … And I haven’t forgot to enable system root permissions and developer options with usb debugging.

Maybe they changed something or maybe I messed up the update because I didn’t wipe the phone before updating. Can anyone else with this firmware version please check if they have proper root access after upgrading?

Thanks,
Marko

last edited by marko

@ca876 said in Flyme OS 6.1.0.0 stable (Pro 5):

Dear All

Special thanks to the website owner for this website and the way it works.

OK 6.1.0.0 CAME OUT BUT IT IS Y AND OTHER VERSIONS BUT NOT G
TO ME (I HAVE A G VERSION FROM HONG KONG) 6.7.5.3.3 WORKS VERY VERY WELL EVEN THOUGH IT IS BETA…AT LEAST IT IS A G VERSION

I WAS TALKING ABOUT G INTERNATIONAL PHONE VERSIONS

I think this is a very old link 6.1.0.0 and old software.
6.7. etc comes after 6.1.0.0.
The right G version to use is Flyme OS 6.7.3.3 beta (Pro 5)
and the newest A or Y version is 6.7.5.23

Admin

@ca876, my bad, but I was unsure what you meant :D

@marko, I will check this out with my Pro 5 as I want to remove some system apps again (mainly the keyboard). From what I have read there was someone else here complaining about root issues. Will report back as soon as I gave it a try.

Update:
So I rooted my device and successfully deleted the Flyme keyboard. Then I tried root checker, which returned a positive result (means my device is successfully rooted). To be extra sure I gave ES File Manager root privileges, which also worked.

Did you do a clean or dirty flash? What has been your previous firmware?

last edited by Rey

Thanks for your reply, @Rey, it gives me hope :)
My previous firmware was 6.0.2.0 and after the first upgrade (dirty flash), I flashed the phone again, this time cleaning everything in the process. Even after the second, clean flash, I am still unable to do anything requiring root access. When triggering an action requiring root access, I don’t get asked wether I allow root access, It just does not allow it. Even if I explicitly allow applications root access, I get the same errors (tried with SuperSU and FX Explorer). Weirdly enough, root checker says the phone is rooted.

I’m willing to wipe clean and flash my phone again, but if I don’t do anything different this time, I’m afraid I won’t change anything. Any suggestions, please?

Best,
Marko

is it correct that there is no google play store automatically in this G 6.1.0.0
version…only Meizu’s App Store …and you have to download from that!

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.