MX4 Pro.. CPU and GPU not as good?

Hi all,

So I found this comparison comparing the MT6595 with many other SoC’s out there, one of them being the Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5430 which will be in the new MX4 Pro.

So… Let the graphs speak for themselves. I know benchmarks aren’t everything, but it seems far from an upgrade from the MT6595. CPU-wise, MT6595 is a lot better, and on the GPU side the 5430 SHOULD be much more powerful with 45.2 GFLOPS more than the GPU on the MT6595 but the benchmarks prove otherwise…

http://www.mobiledroid.co.uk/blog/mt6595-vs-the-rest-how-does-mediateks-new-top-end-soc-compare/

Administrator

I don’t think that this benchmark is very exact. Also it should be mentioned that the 5430 probably is more power efficient and has more great features.

Very valid point ;) I guess we will have to see once people start reviewing it :) Either way, I absolutely fell head over heels with the lovely glowing home button of the MX4 so I don’t think this new phone is for me.

Cool fingerprint scanner though xD

Administrator

I am also waiting for HondaRacers review. Especially because he is at Meizu now and can maybe add a few extras to the review then for example what are the thoughts for choosing the Exynos and etc.

Very exciting indeed!!

Just one info, the MX4 (not Pro) has a customized version of the PowerVR G6200 (128 ALU but same number for other units). It delivers 113 Gflops.

@‘kirasd69’ said:

Just one info, the MX4 (not Pro) has a customized version of the PowerVR G6200 (128 ALU but same number for other units). It delivers 113 Gflops.

Woww
The normal g6200 delivers 80 Gflops
Where do you find that info?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.