ADB with full root access
Meizu MX4

insecure ADB (aka adb with root capabilities)- install this on phone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1687590
allows several modifications to the system via ADB

[I hope I’m not the only one… USB debugging (aka ADB) is simply not detected no matter what I do…

Also recovery mounts a blank partition which is 1GB in size, not sure if that has to do anything with ADB… This phone has some weird software issues…]

Contributor

Have you installed the mx4 adb drivers?
They are on the phone itself I believe…

Meizu MX4

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

Have you installed the mx4 adb drivers?
They are on the phone itself I believe…

drivers? on the phone? it isnt default adb? hmmm… i’ve gone through my phone data, care to point me in the right direction? It seems ive gotten used to google devices…

EDIT: nvm found it, had to set phone to virtual cd-rom…

ok another issue with adb, how the hell can there be “permission denied” when modifying system files even with root!? Turns out I can’t even modify the files with root on phone directly either…

Contributor

@meh301,
Yeah they have put them in an iso… Most of the times the only change in adb drivers are device/manufacturer specific usb vendor and product ids which are required to identify the device as adb device…

Once you have opened root privilages install something like SuperSu or superuser… The built in root permission manager has always been a hit or miss for me (atleast on the mx3)

Meizu MX4

already have superuser but i cant seem to modify the framework even with all permissions, its like its not real root… it would have been much easier to have full rights to modify system instead of using fastboot…

Contributor

That’s weird… Don’t have a mx4 myself… But haven’t heard of anyone having troubles with root as yet…

Meizu MX4

OK found the issue… Apparently mounting the system partition as read/write in a terminal will only allow you to actually write to the partition within the terminal that mounted it. So for example using adb shell to mount it and the using adb push will not work. You have to ONLY use adb shell for it to work

Contributor

@meh301,
I think if you leave the adb shell which has su and remounted the partition running in the background you can start another terminal and do push /pull etc…
Haven’t done it in a long time so might not work :P

Meizu MX4

@GreyGhost I did just that… Doesn’t work which is really weird… Had to use terminal on the phone and do everything manually

Meizu MX4

Actually, I’m now having trouble getting adb to work in my archlinux installation… Did everything required but device still doesn’t show up… Works fine in windows

I couldn’t get adb to detect the MX4 under Gentoo Linux either…

Meizu MX4

@‘bloot’ said:

I couldn’t get adb to detect the MX4 under Gentoo Linux either…

managed to get fastboot to work in linux, still no adb… so i have to use a pc booted into windows for adb and then a pc booted into linux for fastboot (because driver issues on pc - detects phone as vmware usb disk)

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.