I bought a half bricked Meizu Pro 5 (A version) mostly for pieces (I own another good Meizu Pro 5).
I try to repair the defective one without much success, It did have those symptoms:
- Some time is freezing when is started in recovery and I try to copy firmware to recovery partition.
- after some attempts (freezing during checking firmware/flashing) I succeed to install a Flyme 5 complete several time (with firmware on sd card or recovery), and I can access to UI, settings, normal shutdown etc.), but randomly in short time did appear some glitches on screen with freeze and then device is restarting itself mostly in ”system upgrading... starting apps or optimizing apps” and so on until I remove battery to avoid a full drain.
- One time freezing is happened when I press fingerprint button, but I disconnect internal plug of fingerprint button, and still freezing.
- device is getting hot (not very) during flashing/upgrading.
- If battery is fully drained I cannot charge it with wall charger (only at service), If device is shut down, when I plug wall charger is charging about 1 min. and then battery logo disappear and device become hot (not very).
As far I know device was bricked during flashing Flyme 6 I firmware via ”dd if=/sdcard/system.img ...” procedure.
I think is a hardware problem, but what is that? maybe corrupted memory (I know that „dd if=...) is dangerous procedure) or motherboard.
Other ideas to resurrect these device?.
Here some pictures: