How to access app settings

Hi,

Since I got my MX4 I sadly discovered that there is still no “setting”/“parameters” button.

I had the same problem with my dear loved MX2 but I solved my problem with a MIUI custom ROM wich allowed to have access to a lot of features like this :
http://img.ithome.com/newsuploadfiles/2014/3/20140307_170335_705.jpg
(tap home button, and move up quickly to get the 3 buttons menu)

Now, I m stuck in some apps because the regular menu bar with “go back” and “parameters” doesnt show up.
If I mail the app’s support, they always answer me : “We don’t support our application on your phone. Sorry”

(Currently I m pretty desesperate to get in News Republic settings to use the night mode …)

Is there any way I can solve this on the MX4 ?

Use this dude, it adds a floating navigating bar, and has a menu button.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhoadster91.floatingsoftkeys

You can even add different nav bar icon’s etc.

Sent from my MX4

Awesome, it s not native but it does what I am looking for. Thanks !

You can disable smart bar auto hide (settings > accessibility).

This way you will see the navigation bar on all apps.

I have disabled the auto hide function and yet I see no menu button on most apps… only the back button in the bottom left…

Anything I might be missing?

@Indomitae

The autohide function is for hiding all of the menu altogether for apps which ONLY display the onscreen back button since Meizu didn’t support custom buttons for all apps. :) So disabling that function will keep the menu bar showing, but with only an ugly back button with unsupported apps which is quite useless because we have the swipe back gesture. ;)

Indeed, this bar is useless. So just keep the auto hide ‘on’.

The app that punkmonkey1984 gave us is the best solution so far.

@swiffe May you please link us this forum post? :) Thanks swiffe :D

Contributor

Thanks @GreyGhost :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That floating soft keys app is not working with meizu m2 and flyme OS 4.5.3.2A which is as far as I know is the latest stable os for this model.

So currently there is no solution for invoking the in-app menu… :( Did you guys figure out anything since then?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.