Outlook.com Exchange with Meizu MX4

I tried everything, but I cannot find a solution how to set up synchronization between my outlook.com account and the Meizu MX4.

I can sync emails using the outlook.com Android app and it also syncs contacts and calendar entries (down onto the phone), but I cannot create contacts and calendar entries on the phone and sync them back up into the cloud again.

The proper way of setting it up is creating an exchange account in the Flyme settings. But I always get the “wrong username or password” error message.

Does anyone else have similar issues or did someone got their setup working?

Details: I use my own domain and 2-step verifycation. I am aware of the exchange settings
server settings I tried:
m.hotmail.com or s.hotmail.com or m.outlook.com or s.outlook.com or the trick with the numerical code of the address line in outlook.com (in my case “dub”) to dub-m.outlook.com

username: my whole email address
password: tried creating an app password as the normal password

This would be a dealbreaker for me, as I need to have contacts and calendar synced properly.

Hi, I don’t think it will work. I use mailwize instead when connecting to my office mail on Office 365.

You are probably right. But this is still kind of disappointing as both outlook.com and flyme(android) consider themselves user friendly.

I am not an apple fanboy (I never owned an iPhone) but I know that these kind of things just work there.

This is the first phone I’ve used the last two years that can’t connect to exchange. On Samsung phones you could use aosp Exchange and fix the problem, haven’t tried that one on MX4

@‘SwissJay’ said:

I tried everything, but I cannot find a solution how to set up synchronization between my outlook.com account and the Meizu MX4.

I can sync emails using the outlook.com Android app and it also syncs contacts and calendar entries (down onto the phone), but I cannot create contacts and calendar entries on the phone and sync them back up into the cloud again.

The proper way of setting it up is creating an exchange account in the Flyme settings. But I always get the “wrong username or password” error message.

Does anyone else have similar issues or did someone got their setup working?

Details: I use my own domain and 2-step verifycation. I am aware of the exchange settings
server settings I tried:
m.hotmail.com or s.hotmail.com or m.outlook.com or s.outlook.com or the trick with the numerical code of the address line in outlook.com (in my case “dub”) to dub-m.outlook.com

username: my whole email address
password: tried creating an app password as the normal password

This would be a dealbreaker for me, as I need to have contacts and calendar synced properly.

Here is what I did step by step.
1. Incoming = IMAP
a. Username: your@address.com & Password
b. IMAP server: outlook.office365.com
c. Port: 993
Security type: SSL/TLS
2. Outgoing = SMTP
a. SMTP Server: smtp.office365.com
b. Port: 587
c. Security type: STARTTLS
d. Require sign-in: checked
e. Username: your@address.com & Password

It works fine to me. Hope it will help you.

@Michael
Using IMAP and SMTP are you able to sync contacts and calendar?

@All
My current fix is using the outlook.com Android app to sync mails, calendar (both ways) and contacts (one way download)
To be able to edit my contacts I use “contact editor free”, which unfortunately does not work with the flyme contact manager. So I had to install another contacts- app (in my case Contacts+, but any should do)
I really hope Microsoft gets a better solution soon, but this fix is satisfactory for me at the moment

I could recommend MailWize from playstore. It works with built in calender and contacts and is a good replacement for the built in exchange. There is also the new Gmail with it’s own Exchange connector.

Gmail add acounts of hotmail msn

@‘SwissJay’ said:

@Michael
Using IMAP and SMTP are you able to sync contacts and calendar?

@All
My current fix is using the outlook.com Android app to sync mails, calendar (both ways) and contacts (one way download)
To be able to edit my contacts I use “contact editor free”, which unfortunately does not work with the flyme contact manager. So I had to install another contacts- app (in my case Contacts+, but any should do)
I really hope Microsoft gets a better solution soon, but this fix is satisfactory for me at the moment

Unfortunately no. :(

Open the official meizu email app. Type your email address, your password and then change the protocol from POP3 to Exchange :). Did that work? :)

No. Exchange on meizu font work with Exchange or Office 365. MailWize is a great alternative and you can freeze the built in exchange. MailWize gives you exactly the same function.

@‘zztop007’ said:

No. Exchange on meizu font work with Exchange or Office 365. MailWize is a great alternative and you can freeze the built in exchange. MailWize gives you exactly the same function.

Yes, it works indeed.
I have a MX3 for a year now. And I’ve been able to configure my Office365 account, not after a few months trying to figure it out how, and using MailWise or Nine as replacements.
After I’ve done it, I liked the clean and simple interface, just like the other native apps. But then I felt disappointed because it’s quite slow, it take a while to show some messages, specially those which are conversations, and it stops often.

Anyway, if this works for you, this are the settings (once done, it seems pretty obvious):

email address: myaccount@mydomain.cl
username: muaccount@mydomain.cl
domain name (this is the tricky one) : mydomain@onmicrosoft.com
password: **********
server: outlook.office365.com
Security: SSL/TLS (accept all certificates)

It just happens that the Meizu Exchange connector, cannot understand the routing system on a hybrid implementation (exchange on-premises + office 365), thus you have to tell the meizu connector “how to route” to your account.

I also managed to configure some on-premises accounts. For this, you have to set the server as rpc.mydomain.cl (or whatever your IT guys named the service that allows remote connections to the email). Also, you can set the server as wm.maydomain.cl, or owa.mydomain.cl whatever you have on your company.

If your Outlook client (on your laptop) is configured to allow remote connections, you can just copy those setting to your Meizu. That is what I did for the on-premises accounts.

After that, I kept using Mailwise or Nine.
Not even the official Outlook or OWA apps worked fine.

Thank you. I’ll try that when I get my phone back from warranty repair.

Sent by a mobile gadget…

I have no problems at all with Outlook Exchange with my MX4 and the stock mail app. I have done nothing special to make it work it just works wonderful with push and all.

I have problem on Meizu MX5, today I upgrade FLYME to 5.0.0.1. U stable version. Phone asked me to… Now I have problem with official meizu e mail app and exchange sever. It want recognized my username and password or protocol…

Developers Please fix this asap!

Thank you

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.