Is there any good tweaks to use?

Has anyone played around with settings for kernel, Governor, read ahead, zram etc using rom toolbox, trickster etc?

I feel that the phone could do a little better when coming to multitasking or heavy use.

You can set the power mode under Settings --> Battery.

I was hoping for something more :)
thank you.

You mean like overlocking the CPU? :)

Nah, more like optimizing, getting rid of lags, getting a few points more sot etc. Like normal xda stuff. I personally more like to under clock if the rest of the phone is like butter :)

I understand the reasons for few tweaks and projects is a pretty rare phone outside CN and close to no open-sourced code, except Android itself.

I don’t complain, I’m just curious.

Contributor

@zztop007,
Anything other than the default clock speeds/volts will need custom compiled kernel which is not possible without kernel sources… And compilable kernel sources from mediatek have been rare…
However you should be able to underclock and change governor (within the limit of what was compiled with the kerenel) just fine…
Usually stock kernels don’t let you undervolt. And obviously no overclocking…

I’ve tried what’s possible I think. I read somewhere that mediatec opened up a little bit for OS, hopefully that’s a trend for the future :)
I didn’t buy the phone for tinkering, but it’s always nice :)

@‘zztop007’ said:

I’ve tried what’s possible I think. I read somewhere that mediatec opened up a little bit for OS, hopefully that’s a trend for the future :)
I didn’t buy the phone for tinkering, but it’s always nice :)

I think that was only for the CPU that’s going in the Android one series of phones for India etc.

Ahh. Ok. There is loads of optimization that’s awaible in Android itself, but you need booth a developer base and a safe return from a fck up. Let’s see what’s happening in the future, I found that a few oom and playstore hacks at least gives me less lag.

Just reflashing the update zip should reverse any thing you did to optimism the system.
But we do need a open sources for development. I can’t see why meizu didn’t open source their codes.
Apart from to protect their sources. But I feel they would sell loads more if they did.

Contributor

@punkmonkey1984,
With the mx4 hopes are low for kernel sources… I think Mediatek restricts manufacturers from releasing full sources (even sony which used mtk in the xperia c didn’t release complete compilable sources…)

Atleast there are hopes for mx3 and the mx4 pro… But last time meizu released sources it was for the m9 and mx… That too very late…

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

@punkmonkey1984,
With the mx4 hopes are low for kernel sources… I think Mediatek restricts manufacturers from releasing full sources (even sony which used mtk in the xperia c didn’t release complete compilable sources…)

Atleast there are hopes for mx3 and the mx4 pro… But last time meizu released sources it was for the m9 and mx… That too very late…

Yeah, I brought the device with low expectations of open development.
Honestly speaking, I’m pretty happy with flyme and each release is getting better.
Other options of different roms, always nice, like miui and P.A but. I don’t miss anything (expect the tinted status bars of p.a) which isn’t already in flyme already, or added with xposed.
Iv been flashing phone’s since a Samsung Omina windows phone.
Can’t be bothered with it these days as much as I used to be.

Test this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lcis.seeder
I find it increases a little the performance of the MX4

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.