Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

USB transfer problem

Is anyone having the same problem as I am? I can’t access my internal storage via USB. Every time I plug my MX3 in, the phone suddenly pops up with a message saying “Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped.”

Now I can’t access my storage via PC. I’ve tried every solution I’ve searched on the Internet, but to no avail. :-/

Admin

I guessthis app could help to transfer files wirelessly, but it won’t remove the problem… Did you try clearing data and reflashing the firmware already?

@‘samanen’ said:

I guessthis app could help to transfer files wirelessly, but it won’t remove the problem… Did you try clearing data and reflashing the firmware already?

Right now, I’m actually using AirDroid as a substitute… I haven’t tried clearing data or reflashing firmware, though, I’d rather wait for an update for Flyme than clear data.

Update: After updating my phone to 4.1.3A, the problem still persisted, even after formatting my storage and clearing data. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to transfer files via USB again…

Very strange … at least is the recovery partition visible when connected to pc in recovery mode? Have you tried different pc with different OS (and linux) or another cable?

Did the usb connection had worked in the past or did the problem exists from the beginning?

@‘tony’ said:

Very strange … at least is the recovery partition visible when connected to pc in recovery mode? Have you tried different pc with different OS (and linux) or another cable?

Did the usb connection had worked in the past or did the problem exists from the beginning?

Recovery partition is visible and usable, but that’s as far as it goes… I haven’t tried using another PC/OS other than my own. I could try testing it on my brother’s Mac to see if it works. I tried replacing the cable with a brand new one, but the problem still persisted.

The USB connection worked in the past with no problem at all. I think the problem started when I shifted to Flyme 4.

I think it is hardware problem. I had the same problem and i’ve opend my phome and I did some hangs at the entrance of usb. I also ordered http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Meizu-MX3-Flex-Cable-USB-Charging-Charger-Port-Mic-OEM/2025602388.html . I think this is the cause of the problem

If the recovery partition is visible then it should be a driver or firmware related problem. Have you tried also if otg working with an otg cable and usb stick?

To check if it is a driver problem first connect the phone to the pc and go to the windows device manager. Check there for any unknown devices ( a yellow warning sign). Maybe windows hasn’t installed properly the driver for mx3. Uninstall the driver for this uknown device. Remove the usb cable and plugin it again.

Second you can downgrade to 3.x if that caused the problem (less likely).

And checking at another pc/OS is always helpfull.

There are many apps that can allow you to transfer your phone data wirelessly like airdroid and airmore and other desktop programs provide wifi connection.
http://goo.gl/9o5vvR

last edited by Weiwei

Looks like your connection to USB transfer problem was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.