Stability issues

I bought the phone from Shanghai from a small shop in the very turistic area of Yu Garden, after I searched for it in many shops in Beijing and Hangzhou. I have visited many Meizu stores in these cities, only to found out that they weren’t selling it, it was out of stock. I wanted the 64GB version, but they only had only one unsealed phone and it was the 16GB version. I initially thought its a fake, but I tested it and it proved to be a real Mx4, so I bought it exactly at the same price at which it was available online in china, which is 1799RMB, a good price I would say, but no warranty outside China.

I like the phone very much, it’s very fast, I like almost everything, except the constant freezes and restarts. Sometimes it happens 10 times a day, so I cannot use it as the main phone. I am quite disappointed, since I like this phone.

What’s your experience with this phone? Is it only me or others are also experience these issues?

And one more thing, I have created a Meizu account, but when I try to login in the phone it tells me that the phone is already associated with another account from which I should logout, like the phone was already registered by somebody else. I have written an email to Meizu customer service but didn’t get a reply so far:(

@alexyz888 maybe try to update to the latest firmware, it may help… I haven’t received my phone yet but I hope Meizu keep sending out updates for the MX4 regularly.

Administrator

It could be possible that the phone was stolen and just packed in a new package.

@OMGRonnie I already have the latest firmware, initially the phone had 4.0.2A, now I am on 4.0.4A, but that didn’t solved the freezes and restart issues

@alexyz888 Ahhh man… :( And no one else is having those issues? So weird…
EDIT: I see people talking of clearing data/cache while updating or restoring firmwares. Did you try that? Of course after backing up any apps you have that is…

@AOKP But he stated that the package was sealed, so it probably would be hard to do that after stealing it I think.

@AOKP the thing is the box was already opened, but the phone seemed new, it didn not seem used. I check it online on Meizu site and it is really a MX4, since I initially tought its a fake one. Anyway, I took my chance by buying this way and without warranty. I am more concerned about the fact that freezes so often.

Are there any owners of MX4 on this forum that have similar issue?

I didn’t try the factory reset yes, just the clear data and cache from the boot menu.

It could also be possible that it was returned as a problematic phone(faulty hardware) by the previous unhappy owner… but from the other hand the official stores supposed to sell only new and unused phones…

Anyway, the freezes and the restarts are random or is there a specific pattern?

@tony it’s totally random. And it wasn’t an official Meizu store, it was a small electronic shop in a very touristic area, so that is why I suspected that it might be a fake. Cause I have been in many Meizu official stores in Beijing and Hangzhou, and you couldnt buy MX4, it was out of stock. Even for ordering online in China there was a waiting list, you had to preorder

@‘alexyz888’ said:

@tony it’s totally random. And it wasn’t an official Meizu store, it was a small electronic shop in a very touristic area, so that is why I suspected that it might be a fake. Cause I have been in many Meizu official stores in Beijing and Hangzhou, and you couldnt buy MX4, it was out of stock. Even for ordering online in China there was a waiting list, you had to preorder

Hello alexyz888 it isn’t happens only to you, I know many cases with the same and worst [emoji26] in Spain, but we can send the movil to repair because the Govern don’t permit send out batteries. ’ We have a Ferrari without brakes…

Hi

The same thing happens, it freezes and reboots often.

What can we do?

It happened with version 4.2 and the 4.0.4 keeps crashing.

Administrator

You guys tried a full wipe and flashing the rom over it?

I recommend to wipe and flash, bootup and boot into the recovery again and then wipe and flash once more.

@‘AOKP’ said:

I recommend to wipe and flash, bootup and boot into the recovery again and then wipe and flash once more.

Thanks, I will try it with the next ROM

@‘AOKP’ said:

I tell you the steps I have done.

Menu / storage / erase data from the phone (factory reset and pipeline applications include data from the two options)

The phone reboots and starts as new

next selected language and completes the installation.

I turn off the phone.
I go into recovery mode
Pulse Update and clear data and copy the update.zip 4.0.4A

Next.

Finish the installation, I select language and repeat the last step again.

Start all over again and working with the phone, it still fails. It freezes and restarts.

Suggestions? :huh:

I have already tried a full wipe, with the same result.

However, I have found a workaround posted by someone on Meizu forum with the same issue, that is to change the power settings from Balance to Power Save. The phone didn’t freeze or restart anymore since I did that.

I’ve tried it and it still fails.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.