SMS text problem

Do you guys experience SMS messages cut by the messaging app?

last two characters are replaced with “…”

example:

lodge#30 special
meeting

>>> becomes:

lodge#30 speci…
meeting

i can probably guess the last two letters. but sucks.
i try to install textra sms. but the OS seems too strict.

the problem is just the bubble display because if i copy the message and paste it, the text is complete.
any ideas and how to fix? i’ve already updated to 4.0.3I; i hope this is fixed in the latest update

btw, how do we report bugs to meizu?

>>>> [UPDATE] <<<<
Fixed in 4.0.4A

seems like, i’m the only one having problem with this…
so i solved this myself. by creating an Xposed module that sets TextView.ellipsized(null)

meizu team could have simply fixed the bug by removing ellipses at source. …

wasted a day making the mod … but was at least fun.

Hi i had the same problem but the update to 4.0.3 solved it.

@‘m4rvin’ said:

seems like, i’m the only one having problem with this…
so i solved this myself. by creating an Xposed module that sets TextView.ellipsized(null)

meizu team could have simply fixed the bug by removing ellipses at source. …

wasted a day making the mod … but was at least fun.

Wow nice ! I have exactly the same problem with 4.0.3l
Do you mind sharing about this usefull module ? :$

@‘swiffe’ said:

@‘m4rvin’ said:

seems like, i’m the only one having problem with this…
so i solved this myself. by creating an Xposed module that sets TextView.ellipsized(null)

meizu team could have simply fixed the bug by removing ellipses at source. …

wasted a day making the mod … but was at least fun.

Wow nice ! I have exactly the same problem with 4.0.3l
Do you mind sharing about this usefull module ? :$

Yes. I had 4.0.2I and now 4.0.3I both had this problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/suoxsl7ln952hxy/FlymeMMSMod.apk?dl=0

1. I’ll probably upload this module to the xposed repository if 4.0.4I still doesn’t fix the bug.
2. I used the Xposed Installer from the Meizu App Center.
3. I make no warranties ;)

@‘m4rvin’ said:

@‘swiffe’ said:

@‘m4rvin’ said:

seems like, i’m the only one having problem with this…
so i solved this myself. by creating an Xposed module that sets TextView.ellipsized(null)

meizu team could have simply fixed the bug by removing ellipses at source. …

wasted a day making the mod … but was at least fun.

Wow nice ! I have exactly the same problem with 4.0.3l
Do you mind sharing about this usefull module ? :$

Yes. I had 4.0.2I and now 4.0.3I both had this problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/suoxsl7ln952hxy/FlymeMMSMod.apk?dl=0

1. I’ll probably upload this module to the xposed repository if 4.0.4I still doesn’t fix the bug.
2. I used the Xposed Installer from the Meizu App Center.
3. I make no warranties ;)

Just saw that error in the SMS app, it’s annoying.
But thanks for the module. Hopefully it will be sorted by default in the next update.

Sent from my MX4

Go SMS Pro stops me from being able to receive sms’s… I can send, but not receive. :(

@‘m4rvin’ said:

seems like, i’m the only one having problem with this…
so i solved this myself. by creating an Xposed module that sets TextView.ellipsized(null)

meizu team could have simply fixed the bug by removing ellipses at source. …

wasted a day making the mod … but was at least fun.

Same problem here

? I don’t believe this solves my problem since he is solving another problem isn’t he? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@‘OMGRonnie’ said:

Go SMS Pro stops me from being able to receive sms’s… I can send, but not receive. :(

check this. http://meizufans.eu/forum/thread-default-sms-application
I 've got the same problem with gosms
textra works fine if you enable auto launch.

Thanks mate! I will wait until flyme is updated and all is fixed ;)

It is a shame Go SMS Pro doesn’t work even if enabled to auto-start in the settings app… :( I like the themes in Go SMS Pro…

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.