Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

Sudden depletion of battery and inability to charge depleted battery

Dear all,

My battery suddenly fully depletes when below a certain (and not always the same) charge threshold and afterwards recharging through the micro USB plug is no longer possible (the circular indicator at the bottom of the screen blinks, but the battery does not get charged). The battery has to be taken out and has to be charged through an external charger.

I have already changed battery and battery connector but the problem remains.

Is this a known issue? And would it be rather motherboard or OS (Ubuntu Touch OTA-14) related?

I realize this is a Flyme-oriented forum, but I have not a lot of other channels to turn to. So, thanks for any advice!

Admin

First of all welcome. Second, we are a Meizu, not a Flyme fan community ;)
Nonetheless, here some things you maybe want to check as well:

1. Is the wall plug okay?
    My Pro 5 once stopped charging as the charger broke. I paniced of course, thinking that my phone was broken. So maybe go and try a different one.

2. In case you are sure that its not the chargers fold, you should take a look at the mainboard.
    You can get a replacement on AliExpress in most of the cases, but as you own an Ubuntu Edition MX4, it might be difficuilt to get one.

Thanks. And my apologies to the community for the labeling mistake.

The wall plug is definitely OK. The phone actually charges fine -using the same wall plug and phone cable- when the battery is not entirely depleted. Once it gets depleted, the battery has to be taken out and charged externally.

Judging from the info in “http://news.softpedia.com/news/buying-a-meizu-mx4-with-android-to-flash-ubuntu-is-not-a-good-idea-485495.shtml” I suppose buying a motherboard containing or having contained a Flyme installation is not a good idea. Or do you have other info, e.g. on how to repartition the on-board memory?

The other option I have is to try to keep the battery charged, and to buy an external charging device to use in case I inadvertently fully deplete the battery. Any reference to such an external charging device I could use on the BT40 battery?

Thanks!

Thanks.

Reading the thread you have pointed to, I see that not many people have been able to reproduce the flashing instructions and the thread contains many additional and sometimes conflicting instructions. So, without a clearer guide I’m a bit hesistating to buy a new Flyme OS containing motherboard.

For Meizu Pro 5 there seems to be a very clear and well written guide on how to flash it to Ubuntu: https://www.smoose.nl/sites/default/files/bestanden/meizu_pro5_ubuntu.pdf. I suppose a similar tutorial has not been produced for Meizu MX4?

Could I send the phone maybe to a servicing center? Is there maybe one in Europe? And any advice on an external battery charger I can buy?

Thanks!

Looks like your connection to Sudden depletion of battery and inability to charge depleted battery was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.