Meizu M5 Note can't root

Hi all
I have a M5 Note with firmware 5.2.11.0A.
I made the usual procedure for rooting the phone (login, root, reboot) but the phone does not appears to be rooted. There’s a new voice in setting where I can give permission to apps for root but no root at all. It’s sems that root app is not called when some app ask for SU permit. I tried also with Kingoroot but same result. Any idea? Thanks

Admin

Are you sure that you rooted over the Settings?
Additionally, did you tried a different firmware?

I’m sure, it make a reboot and I have root settings but no root.
I didn’t ry another firmware because when I buyed it’s A firmware but stil with play store in.

Admin

@Stefano-Casalinuovo I would try to root again on a different firmware. After you obtained root you can use morelocale2 to use your device in the language you like (if the seller did that) and of course install Google Play (possible without root of course).

Meizu m3s

Download terminal, try typing su, anything pop up?

last edited by Scorpiony Knifet

@Stefano-Casalinuovo

Stefano you need to give permision ind the chinese language to , for root access.
I had to do it the same away with my M5 Note.

@Stefano-Casalinuovo

Like this :

I have know rooted my Meizu .
Apparently you also have to give access in the chines language to root it after you have log in the Flyme account.
So you go to language settings set it to Chines and the go to Fingerprint security and find root set the permission to root.
This works for me on M5 Note :-)

Tried SU on Terminal: access denied

@ghostrider1432 said in Meizu M5 Note can't root:

@Stefano-Casalinuovo

Stefano you need to give permision ind the chinese language to , for root access.
I had to do it the same away with my M5 Note.
The steps to optain root was made in italian language. I already have tab root in settings with possibility to add apps with root permit, but no root access to apps . If if put in chinese language now what will change?

@Stefano-Casalinuovo

You need to put the permission for root access both in chinese language and in italian language otherwise you will not get the root access via the flyme account .
So you have to go to the flyme account and login in both italiaen and chinese and after that go to root to get access for the apps.

@ghostrider1432 said in Meizu M5 Note can't root:

@Stefano-Casalinuovo

You need to put the permission for root access both in chinese language and in italian language otherwise you will not get the root access via the flyme account .
So you have to go to the flyme account and login in both italiaen and chinese and after that go to root to get access for the apps.

Still no root :(

@Stefano-Casalinuovo

It is working for me you have to log in to your Flyme Account in the Chine’s language and from the go to Fingerprint scanner find root and get permision.You have to do it also in the Italien Language the same way :)

I made all first time and the phone ask me if I want to be rooted. I pushed Yes and the phone reboot. I have the menu root and I can put apps to give permit to root but when I start an app that need root access nothing appears, no prompt to ask me if I want to give root to the app.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.