Lollipop is coming !
Contributor

Yeah I saw that up from the Meizu facebook team today. Nice.

Jolli good. I think they have everything to win getting on the A5 train instead of getting on with their pretty old base. It’s probably up to CPU maker, Sony etc probably gonna be fast with binaries n stuff.

Great and exciting news.

Thats great news. Makes me feel good about having a mx4 on order.

Great news! [GROWING HEART]

This screenshot appeared a couple of days ago supposed to be a leak from Meizu;s headquarters but I thought it was not true so I didn’t post it here. Seems like I was wrong :P

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/11/06/confirmed-meizu-working-android-5-0-lollipop-update/

Meizu’s chief of Flyme yesterday posted this intriguing screenshot of what he and his team are working on! Android 5.0 Lollipop for Meizu devices.

Meizu Flyme chief designer, Yang Yan, took to Weibo earlier to post what he and his team are working on. As you can see the code is from the latest version of Android, aka Android 5.0 Lollipop, which is very good news for anyone with the latest Meizu MX4 smartphone.
Details are not if this version of Flyme will be the standard Meizu build or the newer version based on Alibaba’s YunOS, but whatever it might be at least we can now rest in the knowledge that our MX4’s will be getting the update sooner rather than later.
Read our highly detailed Meizu MX4 Review!

On the 19th of this month we will be in Beijing for the launch of the Meizu MX4 Pro, perhaps a Lollipop based system is part of the launch surprise?
Keep posted for more Meizu and Android Lollipop news!

So, still nothing? I can’t wait for Lollipop upgrade…

Administrator

@sashatinkoff,

why?
It will change nothing for us, because Flyme 4 will be put over the stock UI. Android upgrades have no real diffrences for us, except the technical side (ART, instead of Dalvik and etc.).

@‘AOKP’ said:

@sashatinkoff,

why?
It will change nothing for us, because Flyme 4 will be put over the stock UI. Android upgrades have no real diffrences for us, except the technical side (ART, instead of Dalvik and etc.).

I’m really hoping the keep the tinted status bar feature. Some apps work already on flyme kitkat. But most of them don’t. Not even google apps. That plus art runtime is the only thing looking forward too. Maybe better battery life also.

We wont see this anytime soon. Meizu are working on to many things at moment.

**Meizu MX4, MX 4 Pro set to receive Lollipop update this March
**:D
http://www.gizchina.com/2015/02/02/meizu-mx4-mx-4-pro-set-receive-lollipop-update-march/

I guess that with Lollipop the sweet dynamic blur of the notification area will be replaced with stock Lollipop notifications. I have not seen any other manufacturer that has changed them from the original look except some colors. Maybe it’s much more complex than in KitKat. But I’m sure the blur won’t be there.

Nonetheless, I is very excite! :D

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.