\[ASK\] Information before start modding/rooting

Hello,

I have some question about meizu MX4. I need to know something about MX4 to avoid Brick. Please help me :).

**1. What’s the real different between International model and China Mainland model? Mine is China version. can I safely root, and flash .zip ROM?
**2. What about the bootloader? with locked bootloader, what kind of things that I must NOT do?
**3. Can I perform nandroid backup on MX4? if not, is there any alternative?
**4. Is there any custom recovery like TWRP and 4XT?
**5. It’s safe to install _version of flyme on China Mainland version?

Perhaps your answer will help the other too, Thanks a lot._**

Contributor

@jodieridha,
1. China version is definitely bootloader locked. International version is “supposed” to be bootloader unlocked. But a guy who tried to flash a cwm recovery he made is now bricked. He said fastboot and spflashtool don’t work. There are no custom ROMs for mx4…
2. You can do noraml root stuff. Don’t try to mess witht the recovery partition or similar things…
3. Not really sure. Adb method may work but it won’t be much use. (because if point 4). Previous guy never really answered when we asked if sp flash tools or mtk droid tools can read from the device…
4. No custom recovery as of yet atleast
5. You won’t be able to install “I” on a CN device as the signature will fail… Anyway A is same as “I + few chinese specific apps+ cloud storage - google appstore (which you can install manually)”

Finally, all I’ll say is that if you are not an experienced developer with locked loaders and recoveries and such I’d strongly advise not to mess around with any of those. If and when someone manages to work around the loader restrictions and manages a cwm and custom rom then try it.
(We had warned the previous guy too. He didn’t listen. You can find the thread in the forum for more info)

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

@jodieridha,
1. China version is definitely bootloader locked. International version is “supposed” to be bootloader unlocked. But a guy who tried to flash a cwm recovery he made is now bricked. He said fastboot and spflashtool don’t work. There are no custom ROMs for mx4…
2. You can do noraml root stuff. Don’t try to mess witht the recovery partition or similar things…
3. Not really sure. Adb method may work but it won’t be much use. (because if point 4). Previous guy never really answered when we asked if sp flash tools or mtk droid tools can read from the device…
4. No custom recovery as of yet atleast
5. You won’t be able to install “I” on a CN device as the signature will fail… Anyway A is same as “I + few chinese specific apps+ cloud storage - google appstore (which you can install manually)”

Finally, all I’ll say is that if you are not an experienced developer with locked loaders and recoveries and such I’d strongly advise not to mess around with any of those. If and when someone manages to work around the loader restrictions and manages a cwm and custom rom then try it.
(We had warned the previous guy too. He didn’t listen. You can find the thread in the forum for more info)

OK! Thank you so much for your answer @GreyGhost

Hi,

as you said the “A” version is coming with some chinesa apps.

it is possible to delete them?

@‘miken’ said:

Hi,

as you said the “A” version is coming with some chinesa apps.

it is possible to delete them?

Yes all apps are possible to delete.
Things like game center and other apps need deleting from /system/app which will need root permissions

Sent from my MX4

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.