Mediatek MT6595 CPU

Two questions.

1. Most apps only report 1.6 something. Like cpuz. Is there specific apps for checking out Mediatek cpus?
2. Is there any tweak apps that can handle the CPU, like my old trusty set-cpu and rules for screen off etc?

You can set your MX4 to performance mode in the settings.

Hi. Yes I noticed that, but it should be great to be able to set rules for when and where.

Contributor

@zztop007,
In theory… If set cpu suports mt6595 it should work with mx4 too… It won’t be able to over or underclock the device but should work fine in what clock speeds that the kernel is compiled with…

I’ll try that, just been looking for tools that other use and can vote for. I found that none of my normal tools report over 1690 but the CPU should do 2.2 so they don’t seem work like they should?

Contributor

@‘zztop007’ said:

I’ll try that, just been looking for tools that other use and can vote for. I found that none of my normal tools report over 1690 but the CPU should do 2.2 so they don’t seem work like they should?

You should try a benchmark tool like antutu or something.
I think if cpuz doesn’t identify the SoC it returns what is presently being used.
Big.little cores work either quad a7 (for less power hungry task and is clocked at 1.7ghz) OR quad a17 (for more power hungry task should be clocked at 2.1 or 2.2 ghz). Basically one of the two clusters is active at a time…
So cpuz must be detecting the a7 which is clocked lower as it is not activating the a17 cluster…

I don’t really know if setcpu supports mediatek devices…

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.