Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

Flyme OS 6.0.1.0 stable (Pro 5)

Why oh why did they remove the settings button from the top drawer…

Do you know when a G version will be available. I’ve tried the previous version of 6 but it has got far too much chinese crap :(

the equalizer presets in the new music player is reset every time i reboot the phone…

@Michał-Jankowiak Maybe late february/march. Now G version is in testing by selected users.

@maxant69 I’ve read somewhere about them skipping the marshmallow and going straight to nougat. Any word on that? I’m not really bothered what android is under the hood but there doesn’t seem to be any proper release from Meizu regarding that.

i starting to doubt about nougat for meizu pro 5

but if meizu will made i bet only avaible for end of 2018 or 2019 lol

sorry but with a flyme that is bugged and stuck with 5.1 you can´t have the best experience

issues i find
1 i miss the setting button on top
2 still 5.1.1
3 upgrades doesnt work anymore i had to use flashfire to upgrade since last 5.1.1.1A
And beta option is unavailable.
4 game mode doesnt work still notification when playing wich is very annoying.

Also a lot of options has been simplified
Thats like like/dislike feeling.
Save time setting but in the end its not adjusted to my needs like it was before.

Since first release of flyme 6
Batery leaking is solved and improved battery life.

Super save battery tool os very cool
But only 2 apps to choose
Why phone and messages mandatory and only 2 to choose
I would use this 4
Whatsapp
Pocketcast
Spotify
PhOne

@Michał-Jankowiak said in Flyme OS 6.0.1.0 stable (Pro 5):

@maxant69 I’ve read somewhere about them skipping the marshmallow and going straight to nougat. Any word on that? I’m not really bothered what android is under the hood but there doesn’t seem to be any proper release from Meizu regarding that.

Not a word about android version change. Avoid speculations and spoiler from not qualified users.

Well I did install 7.1.1 on mine but it was so bare and lost some cool functionality like scheduled on off and general feel of Flyme OS that I came back to Flyme. Perhaps I’ll try the basic android again later if Meizu will fail releasing new versions.

People saying that Flyme is buggy. Only few things I noticed is camera app once you go into your photos and then get back sometimes you exit the camera altogether instead going back to your viewfinder. And second one is when you text or receive a text off someone that you don’t have in your contacts then add him and text him once again it will create another tread of texts instead of merging to the old one. Other than that experience was fine.

Will the new Lineage OS 14.1 Version based on Android 7.1.1 work on the Pro 5? It’s not officially supported: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/download-lineage-os/#jump-will-my-device-get-lineage-os

@seppe I’ve been on CR droid 2.1 based on Nougat and it was pretty bad to be honest. I’m back on Flyme. Stable, far better battery life, better camera app etc. And 7.1 doesn’t really bring any real life everyday functionality.

@Michał-Jankowiak The reason I want to switch to Lineage OS is that it’s google-free. I don’t want Google to synchronize my contacts, send my location and so on. I want to get complete rid of Google. I will use F-Droid for my app downloads, Conversations for messaging and Dandelion as peripheral (“social”) network. There are plenty alternative solutions. But with the orginal Android build I can’t reach my goal.

@seppe Ahh, I didn’t know that. I’ll keep an eye on that Lineage OS, so far there’s only one Meizu supported and it’s not even official yet.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.