[Leak] Flyme 4.0.4A (20141029004314) beta firmware (MX3)
Administrator

Remember we posted about the closed beta of Flyme 4.0 for the MX3? Well, it was leaked and can be downloaded from Meizufans!

Warning:

• After upgrading to Flyme 4, you cannot downgrade to Flyme 3.
  • Upgrading the phone to Flyme 4 will erase all data, including contacts, SMS, notes, application data and other user data. This also includes data located on the storage disk (photos, videos and other documents).
  • Usage may be affected by bugs. If you cannot accept this, please don’t use this firmware.

Upgrade from Flyme 3:
1. Download Flyme 4 beta firmware.
2. Connected to the computer, copy the firmware to the root directory of the phone memory, disconnected.
3. Into the phone’s desktop “Documents”, find and click update.bin documents.
4. Check the system update and clear data, click on “Start Start”, beginning the upgrade.
5. Wait a while to see the guide page Flyme 4, and at this stage to do the last backup.
6. Contacts, notes, short messages, call history, etc. can be found at Flyme account synchronization backup, photos, music files, video and other multimedia data can be connected to a computer to back up via USB (eg confirming that the necessary data is already doing a backup before proceeding through the data, The next step may be) in accordance with guidance directly.
7. After the backup is complete, click on the drop-down notification bar upgrade reminders, check the “I have a backup, erase all data”, then click OK.
8. The phone will automatically reboot into upgrade mode and erase all data, wait a moment to complete the upgrade to see Flyme account login interface that is successful upgrade.

Download:
Flyme 4.0.4A (20141029004314)

last edited by Rey

Reliable? What’s the leak source?

Administrator

I use it myself.
[attachment=529]

After more than 1h I can say it performs quite good.
The only contra I have against the beta, is that you will lose EVERYTHING on the phone!

Also the date bugs in the statusbar, but thats a quick fix for Meizu.
I found another bug in the music app regards the equalizer (force closes).

@AOKP What do you mean by date bugs? What about Google services and Play?

Contributor

I sooo want to try this :D :D
But I have a busy week ahead and don’t want to get stuck on a bugged build :(

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

On the Facebook page, Meizu says something about 4th November. Should we wait for something special? Maybe official release for Flyme4 on Mx3?

Contributor

@‘durmusinho’ said:

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

On the Facebook page, Meizu says something about 4th November. Should we wait for something special? Maybe official release for Flyme4 on Mx3?

4th of november is a new product release…

Meizu is already doing a “official” closed beta for Flyme 4 for MX3, so the file is reliable (especially considering @HondaRacer and @AOKP have posted them)

If you have read the warnings and are fine with it then you can go ahead.

Administrator

See the date in the top left corner.
It is cut off.
Google Playstore is not pre-installed, but works if you just install the .apk.

Google play service not install help :(

Admin

@‘mustafa1300’ said:

Google play service not install help :(

As AOKP stated above - just download the .apk online (use google!) and install it. :)

That is a not very closed beta i suppose :)
But what about 25 new languages and double-tap? are they supported in beta?

Google play doesnt work! I Tried MX4 Installer, moving to system/app, and i cant make it work!

Fast help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Administrator

@tony,

doesn’t looks so.

@vesper,

I just installed the Google Playstore by the APK attached here in the forum.

Play services dont work for me either and I 've tried a lot of things. AOKP do you have a CN or a HK version?

Administrator

CN.

Maybe this works:
Use the Google Apps installer for the MX3 (Version 1.3) and also download the Google Services.apk and Google Playstore.apk .
Now install the Gapps over the Gapps installer.
After the reboot they will force close, so install the two .apk files, downloaded before.

Now, boot into recovery and select “Clear Data” only. After it has finished just install the Playstore.apk once more and then you are fine.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.