Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

How to root FlymeOs 6 (Chinese Rom)

If you have the Chinese FlymeOs 6 Rom and you are using the English language you can find the Root option under the security tab at Settings, but it’s not working.
The problem is that for some devices, as the M1 NOTE, there is no option to activate the root, as the OK button is deactivated.

The only option is to put your language in Chinese, go back at the Root tab and this time you will find a round box available,which you must tick and then click on the button at the bottom.
Then you have to input your Flyme password and after the restart, you will be done.

@Gametot said in How to root FlymeOs 6 (Chinese Rom):

thanks it works

But did you try with any applications that need root?
I tried with adaway and busybox and both give errors about the Root of the device.
It’s like that it’s not rooted.

I have a Pro 5, running on Flyme 6.0.0.0A, but even with the hints given stated above, the root button is still deactivated :-(. And there’s also no checkbox visible as well. I tried “Simplified Chinese”, “Traditional Chinese”, “Traditional Chinese Hongkong”. Nothing works for me. Any ideas???

Meizu MX5

Try again with Traditional Chinese and look good! You updated from G version to A verison on Mx5?

Meizu MX5

If not try to use location gps to china and try again.

Where can I download FlymeOS 6 for my Meizu MX5?

@MvPGEO
Is rooting working ok for your device on FlymeOs 6?
Did you try using any apps that require rooting?

Dear MvPGEO, thank you so much for your support! Unfortuneately it still doesn’t work for me. I tried every language offered in that menue (4), but no one succeeded in creating the checkbox and activating the “start root button”. It’s still deactivated. I also tried to switch the location to “China” and I even set the time zone manually to China, but the root button is still deactivated. (As a side note: I received the Pro 5 originally as an A version. In order to have German as system language, I switch to a G version some months ago. When I noticed, that I don’t get updates OTA anymore, I switched back to A version again.). Currently I don’t have an idea what to to try next. I even rebooted the phone after the language switches…

Oh yes, I tried apps which need root (Titanium Backup pro), but they are requesting me to root the phone in advance. So for me it’s for sure, that it’s not rooted yet. :-(

For me it’s different.
I have activated the Root through the settings, but for the apps, the device does not look rooted.

For me the root issue might be caused by problems with the flyme account. For example, if I open the new “account management” menue, it seems like the phone logs in only when I go in that menue. It takes some time, until the options are available. And I tried to log out of my flyme account, but the process freezes. It displays contiuously “Checking”… I can stop the log out process, but then may account data is still i there…

if you have tried to root with KingRoot or any other root app it will not work.reinstall Flyme 6 and do the root procedure the moment you enter Flyme!!I have tried to root with KingRoot before seeing this post and I have failed then I have reinstall Flyme 6 and root through security settings and voila I have root privileges.i have installed Xposed AdAway and other apps that want root privileges

@Vasilis-Vasiliou said in How to root FlymeOs 6 (Chinese Rom):

if you have tried to root with KingRoot or any other root app it will not work.reinstall Flyme 6 and do the root procedure the moment you enter Flyme!!I have tried to root with KingRoot before seeing this post and I have failed then I have reinstall Flyme 6 and root through security settings and voila I have root privileges.i have installed Xposed AdAway and other apps that want root privileges

Euxaristo palikari mou doulepse!!

It worked for my M1 NOTE, exactly as described above!
Thanks! :)

I tried it via a reinstall of Flyme as well, but still no root option available… :-(. I haven’t done a clean install, it would take a day to configure my apps again… So I’m still desperatly looking for an idea…

Looks like your connection to How to root FlymeOs 6 (Chinese Rom) was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.