Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

Questions about meizu m3 note, new user here =)

Hello everyone, I’m a xiaomi user. But I’m going to buy a new phone, meizu m3 note. I found the device fantastic! I have some questions about this phone. Sorry this post is in the wrong place.

I will buy this phone from aliexpres: goo . gl/kXJCj5

After the little research on google and other forums, I found 2 different models for this phone, Chinese version (M681Q) and International version (M681H). From what I read right here on a topic made by the administrator “Rey” (Very thanks! meizufans . eu /where-are-the-g-firmwares/) I would like to know a few things:

1 - Is the rom that comes by default sold in this shop (OS 5.1.11.0G) is reliable? Is it a rom shop or an official rom?

I do not like “roms shop”, on xiaomi phones, “roms shop” may contain malware that are showing advertising at all times. As I am new to meizu phones, I would like to know if the pre-installed roms are reliable. So I’m asking, because if the device comes with a “rom shop” I’d like to change it if possible.

2 - Could I buy the Chinese version of the mobile and upgrade the ROM to the global version? (I understood in the post made by “rey” that yes, but wanted a confirmation) And how to do that?

3 - Chinese version of the device corresponds to M681Q and international version corresponds to M681H?

4 - From what I researched, there is a way to “modify the firmware” of the Chinese version of the device so that it becomes an international version. So that the global rom “can work” in a Chinese device. I understand that they have A versions and G versions for the rom. The G version is global and version A is Chinese, correct?

I apologize for all the doubts about this device. But if all goes well, I’ll make a short tutorial video for Brazilian buyers who want to buy this model. Many people in my country have doubts about Chinese cell phones.

I would like to thank everyone who has more experience with meizu phones and can answer those questions. I believe that this topic may also be useful to many other users. Thank you very much! Everyone have a good day!

Meizu m3s
  1. firmware for meizu is found https://meizufans.eu/firmwares/#meizufirmwares or http://www.flymeos.com/firmware.html or auto update through settings. all flashing through update.zip

2. Yes, there is a guide here http://www.gizbeat.com/10366/change-official-meizu-m3-note-china-rom-to-global-international-firmware-corrupt/ read the comments below of this site for extra info.

3. the device has same hardware but different firmware to target different users. shown that you can change to international by “echo -e ‘\x35’ | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 bs=1 seek=797443075 count=1” through the guide in 2.

4. G firmware has more languages. BUT smart voice only chinese (like google voice)

About Meizu and their devices, you should know before buying

• do not expect there phones to be bugless, after producing 20 phones a year.
  • bad customer service, including the chinese forums, people help people.
  • cannot unlock bootloader (yet) means no custom firmwares, stuck with flyme XD
  • very easy to root, read the guides don’t waste time.
  • it’s cheap, and fast for personal use.

@Scorpiony-Knifet said in Questions about meizu m3 note, new user here =):

do not expect there phones to be bugless, after producing 20 phones a year.
bad customer service, including the chinese forums, people help people.
cannot unlock bootloader (yet) means no custom firmwares, stuck with flyme XD
very easy to root, read the guides don’t waste time.
it’s cheap, and fast for personal use.

@Scorpiony-Knifet the rom OS 5.1.11.0G, is official rom?

Very thanks for you reply! I will buy one for me this month! Thank you!

last edited by diegomontania
Meizu m3s

yes as there is no custom roms, anything OS 5 is official, anything OS 6 is beta right now.

@Scorpiony-Knifet thanks for your reply! have a nice day!

Looks like your connection to Questions about meizu m3 note was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.