Google Maps voice

Hey guys,
does anybody know if it’s possible to change the chinese google voice maps into a “normal one”? It speaks English, but it’s a really chinese sounding English.

Thanks! :-)
Balisto

Contributor

@‘balisto’ said:

Hey guys,
does anybody know if it’s possible to change the chinese google voice maps into a “normal one”? It speaks English, but it’s a really chinese sounding English.

Thanks! :-)
Balisto

Try my guide here if you don’t mind rooting your phone but backup before you go ahead:
http://meizufans.eu/forum/thread-voice-languages-maps?pid=5556#pid5556

Since I didn’t want to root my phone I installed Inova from play store. After I downloaded the suitable language, it asked me to change the tts in the menu. I agreed and there seems to be a menu to change the tts, it’s just not reachable. There’s a choice between the standard Chinese one, pico and the inova I just installed. Using pico didn’t help, but using inova seems good to me :) hope that helps if anybody has the same issue… Thanks for the help though, GreyGhost!

Contributor

@balisto,
So inova let you change the default tts from within the app itself?
That’s nice to know. I used to think that was not possible…

Admin

@GreyGhost basically the app has a link to the TTS menu which should be visible under “Language and time” in settings. I could only use it once though and then it disappeared (as the app thinks I have made my selection) so its kind of useless. Would be great if someone could make a simple file with the same shortcut.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

Contributor
Admin

@GreyGhost awesome, you’re the man. ;)

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.