Voice Languages MAPS

Hi FANS, i have this problem: every time that i use google maps, the voice-guide is in chinese language, how can select the italian languages?
Thanks!

Try Google Settings --> Search & Now --> Voice --> Languages

@‘HondaRacer’ said:

The language is already ITALIAN in this setting!:-(

Contributor

@'Danilo said:

@‘HondaRacer’ said:

The language is already ITALIAN in this setting!:-(

Sadly Meizu forgot to put in the option to change default tts in their redesigned Settings menu (Note: Have to get them a message saying we need TTS changing and SMS default app changing in Settings like AOSP)

Anyway If you are willing to Root and mess around a bit there is a workaround (I was testing this method with fake locations so took this long to reply… Sorry bout that):
1. Root your phone (Guide in subforum) [[b]Be careful what you do with root always dangerous: BACKUP first always]
2. Install a root enabled file explorer (I personally use ES explorer any other will do fine)
3. Install Google Text to speech from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.tts
NOTE: There is default android TTS (pico tts) but it doesn’t sound too good.
4. Now we have to get rid of all other TTS services through the file manager:
a. Make sure /system partition is writable.
b. Go to ‘/system/app’ and “cut and paste” (so you have a backup) following files to your SDcard:
1. IflytekSpeechService.apk
2. PicoTts.apk
3. PicoTts.odex
c. Make your /system partition read only again
NOTE: If you are using ES File Manager I believe you can directly uninstall System apps under its app manager.
5. If your system language is set to Italian you should get Italian speech now. Atleast it did for me but then I don’t understand Italian :P.
6. Enjoy!!

NOTE: This is a limited work around.
1. You won’t be able to set system language independent language for speech.
2. You won’t be able to change male/female etc…
The most ideal way is to have it in settings.
OR
You can directly set default TTS by adding a few entries to the system settings sql database (if sqlite is your thing)

Contributor

@Danilo Spallino,
Please try this: No root required
http://meizufans.eu/forum/thread-flyme-extras-settings-extender?pid=5706#pid5706

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.