Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

Questions about update with rooted phone A-Firmware & Multilanguage

Hi,

I have a rooted Meizu Pro 5 (5.1.3.1A) with multilanguage from this tutorial: https://forum.meizufans.eu/topic/4056/how-to-root-get-multilanguage-in-flyme-5-a-firmware

I’m thinking about installing a new firmware because I noticed some issues (see below) with the current firmware.

I’m not 100% sure doing the right steps. To get sure, I write below the steps. Please correct me if something is wrong.

1.) do a backup (TitaniumBackup).
2.) a) download the firmware (for example 5.1.9.0A) and put in on my device and start the update.
Or
2b) Start the update recommended @ settings --> About Phone --> System Updates.

1. question: Is there a difference if I start the update from the settings (step 2b) or download first (2a)?
  2. question: If I put a new firmware on my device, do I lose the multilanguage?

One issue that disturb me alot is the fact, that my contacts are not shown right. I sync my contacts with the apk CardDAV-Sync. When somebody from my contacts call me, my device just shows the number, not the name. Like someone is calling who is not in my contacts. Other issue: When I use the search function in contacts, the search doesn’t find the contact. By scrolling down, I find every contact in my contactlist. I’ve tried to solve the issue by reinstalling the apk or the account with no success.

I hope - by putting a new firmware on my device - that this issue will disappear.

Thanks for help! :-)

@baldmarci Some quick answers :
-Step 2b won’t probably work as not allow builds have functional “over the air”
-“A” builds are not multilingual (only English +Chinese). This is the main difference with difference “G” ones. Anyway you can apply a workaround with a tool called “morelocale2” to force additional language when available in applications
-“A” build won’t solve your contact issues in my opinion. Plus it doesn’t have native Google services installed… You have to do it manually

Meizu PRO 5 4Gb | ID changed, rooted & running latest G build (beta) + Xposed + TWRP

I have some problem by manual solve.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.