Xposed

I saw that xposed is on the flyme store.
I didnt want to try it on my MX4 incase it causes problems.
Does at work ok with the mx4?
Or should i stay clear for now

Link:
http://app.meizu.com/apps/public/detail?package_name=de.robv.android.xposed.installer

Judging by the ratings it should be safe to install.

@HondaRacer Is it possible for a nandroid backup to be made with the mx4?
In other words if install and get bootloop how do I recover my phone.

Sent from my MX4

Reinstalling the firmware from recovery - without Clear data - is usually enough to get it running again. But always make backups before making system changes.

@‘HondaRacer’ said:

Reinstalling the firmware from recovery - without Clear data - is usually enough to get it running again. But always make backups before making system changes.

Great thanks.
I’m not a noob to android. Just new to Meizu and Flyme systems.
Sorry about all the new guy questions.
So should I have a full firmware file on my internal memory for reinstalling ?

I’m used to a nexus 4 for where you just run a zip file to reinstall the system over-writing the current one.

Also how do I enter recovery ? Can only seem to find, Fastboot and Upgrade mode.

I think it’s a power on + volume up
Check out the thread “my phone is dead”, it looks like it takes up how to restore from a major failure

I used the xposed version 2.7 experimental 1 available on the official site of xposed.
It work without problem on my MX4.

Can someone try to install Xprivacy?
I am using 4.0.3A on M460 version and Xposed is no problem. But the moment I activate the Xprivacy module and reboot the phone crashes until I uninstall Xprivacy again. Is there an issue of compatability or is just something weird with my phone?
Many, many thanks.

Ps. my first post. Just got my first Meizu. Incredible phone

Does anybody using greenify?

Contributor

@SwissJay,
You should check what the xposed logs have to say…

@Greyghost: Unfortunately I cannot access the logs. The moment I activate Xprivacy and restart, I can use the phone for ca 6 seconds and then it completely freezes. Only solution I found so far is using these 6 seconds to uninstall Xprivacy:-/ Or maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. Some public logs?

Thanks anyways for trying to help!

Contributor

@SwissJay,
xposed keeps logs of past boots also. So it “may” have some thing in the old logs…
You can check it in the xposed app.

Sadly i don’t have a mx4 so can’t really test it here as mx3 hasn’t yet got flyme 4…

@zztop006 : I use greenify, no problems with it

I am one step further to find out how to run Xprivacy. The reason Xprivacy freezes the phone is that the Flyme Security center is based on LBE. The two softwares are incompatible. Xprivacy would work if there is a way to turn off the Flyme security center app restiction section. Any ideas how I could do that?

Edit: And it works now. I used TitaniumBackup to “freeze” the “Permission Manager” (I found it searching for LBE in Titanium Backup) Hope this finding helps some others here who also prefer a professional permission manager.

On latest fw xposed crash Facebook settings and other software. I tried stable, unstable and meizu version. Just a heads up.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.