Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

Unlock bootloader and upgrade Flyme

@addicted2sex said in Unlock bootloader and upgrade Flyme:

Hello there,
Recently I bought Meizu Pro 5 with an international firmware, but I cant update the Flyme OS (currently I am using 5.1.6 but I saw that the latest version is 5.1.10 . When trying to upgrade a ‘Firmware corrupt’ error shows and whatever I’ve tried it cant upgrade.

Also I am trying to unlock the bootloader in order to put TPWM recovery to be able to backup the OS and restore it in case it crashes (bootloops) because I am willing to delete some system apps. Tried with ‘fastboot oem unlock’ it says ‘OK’ but after reboot in fastboot it shows me again that its locked.

Any suggestions,

Thanks guys in advance,
Nikolay.

That’s a pending question in the forum.
Until meizu releases a flash tool, or meizu certificates, you will not be able to unlock the bootloader.

If you meizu model is “rooteable” you can try fiddling around with flashfire, but be very careful … you may hardbrick your meizu. And again, without meizu flash tool or their certificates, you will be stuck with a brick !

Meizu Pro 5

@kokotonix @addicted2sex that’s not the case for pro 5 :
Bootloader can be unlocked, Id changed to internal and then phone is ready to go for flashing any rom and twrp
That’s simply a matter of using search tool in this forum…

last edited by Kikounet95

@addicted2sex To update the device if it’s an international version you should use G version if you get corrupt firmware the reason is that your device is a false international and you should use A version or install G version by converting the system there is a big thread about it

last edited by Vympel
Meizu Pro 5

@addicted2sex you are correct but you’d better invert steps 2 & 3.
Twrp is useful for applying root, xposed etc… Be sure to remove both recovery and bootloader from update.zip to not lock again everything while flashing 5.1.10

Meizu Pro 5

@Kikounet95 What do you mean with removing recovery and bootloader from update.zip ? To prepare an .img file with Converter_system_Lollipop or ?

Meizu Pro 5

No. Simply editing the zip content… No need conversion

Meizu Pro 5

@Kikounet95 Can you post a link to a thread about how and what exactly to edit from update.zip in order to remove recovery and bootloader and prevent them from re-flashing when upgrading ? Thanks in advance

Meizu Pro 5

@addicted2sex too simple for creating a thread…
You can use any archive tool (7zip for PC or Rar for Android). Open the updated.zip and remove these file. Save file if needed
You are ready to flash 0_1476301252699_S61012-213751.jpg

Meizu Pro 5

@Kikounet95 Alright then, wish me luck … I am going to do the procedure in couple of minutes, just to download both firmwares for the downgrade and the upgrade afterwards …

Meizu Pro 5

@addicted2sex check steps twice before applying one by one. Double check results and it should be fine

Meizu Pro 5

@Kikounet95 You there ? I am having problems with changing the region ID. Installed the exact same version of busybox as described, executed the commands in the terminal, when I ‘cat’ the proinfo file its intl_official, but when I restart the phone its again mobile_public ? What to do now ? :(

Meizu Pro 5

@addicted2sex try to install app called Root Explorer the edit the file by hand

Meizu Pro 5

Edit: Successfully unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP and upgraded to 5.1.10G.
The only problem that left is the battery drain. My battery drops 20% for 2 hours ? :/ Any suggestions why is that (thats without wifi on, mobile data on and the brightness it set to almost minimum) ?

last edited by addicted2sex

Looks like your connection to Unlock bootloader and upgrade Flyme was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.