Xiaomi Pistons - Review
Administrator

Today I received from AndroidFiguren.de the Xiaomi Piston 2s.
First of all a big thanks for the fast shipping (order was done Monday afternoon).
But lets start with the little unboxing.

The headphones come shipped in a paperbox (typical Xiaomi style).

However, as soon as we unfold the box we see many pictured instructions in chinese.

Basically thats all of the box.
Time to get the headphones out of it.

The headphones are packed into a little plastic box as you can see, the speakers themselves are placed in a rubber plate, making the whole thing looking even better.
Additionally there are other rubber heads for diffrent ear sizes and also a metal clip to fix the cable of the headphones to your clothes.
What I really like at the design is the relief in the metal parts and the very strong cable.

All buttons work with the MX3 (3.8.4A), except the Volume down one. The microphone works fine and has a very high recording quality. What I also really like is the connector jack, which is protected by a little piece of ruber, which again protects the cable from being destroyed, but now it is time for the most important part, and thats the audio test.

For me as musician good sound is all what matters.
Testing the headphones in diffrent frequencies, highs and deeps, I can say:
I never heard such a good sound for that price and I had a plenty of headphones. Very impressive as well is the wide sound spectrum and the clearness of it. No scratching at high volumes and ununderstandable sound. This is how it should be. Good as well is the point that the speakers are very tight in your ears and don’t fall out, even if you move or do sports.
Actually they are so tight I didn’t heard the doorbell, which was 1,50m away from me. :D
Chaning them is easy as well, compared to Samsung in ears. The material chosen for them is also very comfortable and “ear friendly”.

A little tip from me is also to select at Dirac HD the MEIZU EP20’s settings, so you can get additional bass and an even better sound.

Coming to a conclusion I can say that for arround 30€ you can get some really good looking and working headphones, actually they are even better than Beats and other comperable models.

Get your ones now at AndroidFiguren.de.

Contributor

Nice review.
I’ve heard a lot about ep21… If you have tried those then how do they compare to these in your opinion?

Administrator

I tried them somewhile ago at a friend (MX3 owner as well). The MiPistons have a better sound and feel more comfortable.

But often sound gets “lost” because the earpods don’t get into the ears properly, thats why I prefer in-ears like the MiPistons.

Edit:
I will see how good they are compared to a STAX Omega (people who have a clue of audio buy those or Sennheiser 800 - both are the Nonplusultra of audio technology).

Dont know but the price (28,76€) is to high. You can get real Piston 2 at 22-25$ everywhere. There will be no additional costs for importing.

I have bought mine form Aliexpress but DX also offers em. You only need to pay 17-18€ for genuine ones but wait some weeks to arrive.

For me the Piston 2 have to much bass. They ok to use on my M9. I did compare a bit uneven the sound with Meizu Ep21 with Dirac Sound on for em and the Piston 2 with Dirac sound off ( since there is no option to select em ).
If i compare them in this state the Piston2 loose. Actually the EP21 is cheaper then the Xiaomi Headset and also is different from placing the Phones in the ear. I dont really know if u can compare them because of it.

Quality wise the Xiaomi Piston2 look and feel better then the Meizu EP21. I did notice some flaw with the Pistons. You can hear pretty much cable movement. I dont know if this is because of the inear while you dont hear much around you or if this a design flaw.
In general you dont notice it much but it can be an issue if you do some sport or just move the cable more often.

On a side note its maybe worth to mention, the ruber part smell like sweet perfume and the plastic around the box is unusual flexible and soft.

Overall its a great in ear headphone set for a small price. Also a very nice gift for someone.
I can also tell Piston 2 attract women.
At work i had to order another set for a female coleage, she came visit me serveral times just to look at thouse Piston2 Headphones.

Xiaomi seems to be a good brand for quality products at a low price. They also release more and more different products. TV box, Mi TV, routers, powerbanks , blutooth pad and other stuff.
One big issue basicly everything is in chinese only. Most items take some time untill they get an english translation and most other languages are mostly translated by fans.
With that in mind you could get problems if u buy some product where you need some instructions or menues.
Take the router or TV if everything is in chinese only it will be hard to configure or even use em.
On a side note the Mi band app is also only fan translated and still hase some chinese things in it.

Administrator

The Pistons have bass, thats correct.

But the sound spectrum is better than on the EP21’s.

@‘MeizuAndi’ said:

Overall its a great in ear headphone set for a small price. Also a very nice gift for someone.
I can also tell Piston 2 attract women.
At work i had to order another set for a female coleage, she came visit me serveral times just to look at thouse Piston2 Headphones.

I think I need to get these earphones as well :angel:

@‘AOKP’ said:

The Pistons have bass, thats correct.

But the sound spectrum is better than on the EP21’s.

Dont know how to compare that.
Im old maybe i dont hear some frequencys not anymore or i just listen to different music.
On the Test i took my wife also says she likes the EP21 with dirac sound on more.
However on the M9 with EP20 she said the Pistons where better.

@HondaRacer
:D:P

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.