\[Warning\] Do not buy the inWatch Pi
  • unless you have a Chinese phone number. I’ll explain why:

First things first, the inHealth app for the inWatch Pi was promised to release on October 1. No app available on October 1. Fast-forwarding to October 13, the inHealth app was released (yes, that’s 13 days too late) and I couldn’t wait to try it. After a very slow download (6,5kbps), I installed the app on my MX4. Everything in Chinese. Ok, not such a big problem. I spent 2-3 hours translating the app to English.

After packing up the APK and signing it I was delighted to try it on my MX4. After installation everything looked like it should - in English. Great! Of course I wanted to see the app in its full glory, so I went on to register an account. First step: “Please enter your phone number”. So naturally, I entered my phone number. “Error”. I tried different combinations, with and without country code, but nothing would work.

So there you have it. A cool accessory useless for people outside of China. Of course I hope inWatch replies to this thread with the great news that they’ve added international support to their inHealth app. But I consider that chance very small, which means for now I recommend to cancel your inWatch Pi order straightaway.

P.S. Here you have my translated version of inHealth, in case anybody wants it.

Download:
inHealth 1.0.4 English

Contributor

That’s sad… But now that you have got it, maybe fake a chinese number… But then hope that it doesn’t get locked or somethinf to that number…

You need to verify your phone number by a verification SMS. Luckily I didn’t buy the inWatch Pi yet.

Contributor

@‘HondaRacer’ said:

You need to verify your phone number by a verification SMS. Luckily I didn’t buy the inWatch Pi yet.

Ahh that is not good… There are a few online services which let you use fake number for verification too… But never used them and you never know what else inwatch will have tied to the number permanently.

Nope i wont buy it. I saw the Video i linked in some thread here and i dont like how it shows the time. Beside that no one needs a watch anymore if you have a Smartphone.
The fitness stuff i get with the xiaomi band as you already know.
When i look at that, its also more playin around with it.
Its good that you can track your steps and watch the sleep phases, but i think the sleep phases are not that precise. I mean u can also laying down still and be awake and the band thinks you sleep.

Im pretty much sure the other bands are similar and not much better.

@‘HondaRacer’ said:

• unless you have a Chinese phone number. I’ll explain why:

First things first, the inHealth app for the inWatch Pi was promised to release on October 1. No app available on October 1. Fast-forwarding to October 13, the inHealth app was released (yes, that’s 13 days too late) and I couldn’t wait to try it. After a very slow download (6,5kbps), I installed the app on my MX4. Everything in Chinese. Ok, not such a big problem. I spent 2-3 hours translating the app to English.

After packing up the APK and signing it I was delighted to try it on my MX4. After installation everything looked like it should - in English. Great! Of course I wanted to see the app in its full glory, so I went on to register an account. First step: “Please enter your phone number”. So naturally, I entered my phone number. “Error”. I tried different combinations, with and without country code, but nothing would work.

So there you have it. A cool accessory useless for people outside of China. Of course I hope inWatch replies to this thread with the great news that they’ve added international support to their inHealth app. But I consider that chance very small, which means for now I recommend to cancel your inWatch Pi order straightaway.

P.S. Here you have my translated version of inHealth, in case anybody wants it.

Download:
inHealth 1.0.4 English

Hi, I have download the last version of inHealth 1.05, and I have do some test (actually I have not the inwatch PI), but after I have install the apk app of inhealth on my smartphone I have click on the QQ icon, it open a qq page where is possible to download the apk of qq app (chinese version, if you download the international version not work),

after I have install the qq app I have do an QQ account, it’s very simple and fast (but I have do the new account with my PC in the english version of website :-)

well, when I go to open the inhealth app I click on the qq icon and I do the QQ login and the inhealth work fine (of couse in chinese) and is not necessary to register any phone number, it work with the QQ account…

sorry for my english… @hondaRacer can you try to download this new version 1.05 and try to do an translation?

thanks

I have the inwatch pi. I have synchronized with the iHealth through a QQ account and for now seems to work well.

What is missing is time. Mark 5 minutes early and stays caught the minutes.
Example: 9:33, the clock will mark 9:38 and until it actually arrives at 9:38 the clock is ticking 9:38. When it reaches the rejoj 9:38 9:43 mark, and so forever.
Also say that the minute hand always lights 3 times and not really way to synchronize the time.
Sorry for my English I’m using google translator.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.