Some problems with Meixu MX 3

I did receive the phone yesterday evening. Nice phone but…

How can I tell is it China or Hongkong version? Phone says it is M353

How can I move programs from internalmemory to “sd-card”? I have tried some of the app to sd programs from google play but no one is working. I have now only under 1Gb free memory.

Also Real Racing 3 in not compitable with MX3 nor the newst Angrybird.

I get AdAway instaled but it will not update the host files.

I have opened the system privilagies.

All of these have worked on MX and MX2.

M353 should be the Unicom version, same as the China version but with some customized apps for Unicom contract users. To clarify what boot animation do you see when booting, the M logo or China unicom?
You may want to upgrade to the normal chinese firmware here with clear data enabled. I think it is possible to flash the HK version but it may have bugs and crashes and we still don’t have Flyme 3.0.1 for HK. If you upgrade to the HK after all and it is unstable try to re-flash it once (with clear data enabled) and if it still crashes then return to CN.
MX3 does not have an external SD card, it only has the internal SD memory but it starts from 16GB to 64GB (128GB will be available later this year) so it has quite a decent amount of memory to “fill”.
As for your other problems try to flash the other firmwares as said above and if they still exist, feel free to ask again!

Edit: And congratulations for your new phone! I’m pretty sure it won’t let you down :)

Foul-proof way to check whether you have China mainland or Hong Kong version phone: remove the backcover and check the text written on the battery. If it’s Chinese, you have China mainland version, if it’s English, you have Hong Kong version.

You could try to use the app Quick Setup, to access the app manager. If you open the menu of a particular app, you should be able to move it to external storage.

Thanks!

I did ask the seller and he told this is Hong Kong version also the charger have UK-pins. When booting up it has the standard Meizu logo.

I´m now running on the 3.01 CN firmware.

Now when the Hong Kong firmware have been relased I´ll install it.

If this still is a CN version of the phone I will not be abel to install a Hong Kong firmware on it?

It was just released today. I will upload it to Meizufans’ server tonight :D

Tried to install the hong kong firmware but will not install. So this not probably a hong kong versio.

I checked the text on the back and the text on battery is in english

Weird… But I’m pretty sure you have HK version. Perhaps installing the CN firmware broke the function to install ZIP files… I will check it myself when I’ve received my MX3 ;)

@HondaRacer said:

Weird… But I’m pretty sure you have HK version. Perhaps installing the CN firmware broke the function to install ZIP files… I will check it myself when I’ve received my MX3 ;)

That is what I also think.

Just spoke with Meizu Hong Kong, and they said they do not suggest cross installation of CN and HK version firmwares. To restore, they suggested the following method:

1. Turn off the phone, then press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons to enter upgrade mode
2. After entering upgrade mode, Copy firmware “update.zip” onto the root directory
3. Select “System upgrade” to upgrade & “Clear data” to reset user data (if required); then press “Start” to upgrade
4. After upgrading, please check “Settings -> About” to verify the correct firmware version is installed

After upgrading the firmware, if application force close, please try to reset your phone or re-upgrading (Settings->About phone->Storage->Factory reset to reset the phone)

Thanks! I´ll try that when I´m at home.

Please let me know if it worked, thanks.

One more question.

What can I do to that I only have about 700mega Ram free?

Seems that you have too many Apps? Or maybe the System is too busy… try to update the Firmware.

Gesendet von meinem M040 mit Tapatalk 4

@Manu-Meizu said:

Seems that you have too many Apps? Or maybe the System is too busy… try to update the Firmware.

Gesendet von meinem M040 mit Tapatalk 4

I hade about the same apps instaled on my Mx2 and I had more free Ram aviable. Problem is that I can not move any apps.

I have killed all apps with Advanced Taskkiller and still only 700mega ram.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.