[MX6] How to install 5.2.2.3G Rom on a Chinese 5.2.2.4A MX6 [SOLVED]

Hi Everyone,

I have a chinese MX6, it doesn’t have my native language (french) and contains tons of bloatware, so I was wondering how I could install an international ROM on my chinese MX6 (currently running 5.2.2.4A) ?

I found a tutorial here, but it seems to be for Lollipop ROM only as it uses a Lollipop DAT converter and besides it requires also to know the partition system name of the phone which i don’t.

So does anyone have any idea ?

Thank you :)

last edited by Vincent Colignon
Meizu Pro 5

@Vincent-Colignon You have a look at the existing partition names in /dev/block/platform/ using file browser and root (Root Explorer is fine for example). Then size would be another clue to get the correct one

I also need to do this , the sh file does not yet exist for meizu mx6
My version is "A"and want to go to G

Meizu Pro 5

@BernatBCN file can still be edited manually… Shell isn’t mandatory

@Kikounet95
I understand , but i don´t have that commands must be used

Meizu Pro 5

@BernatBCN Root Explorer have inboard file editor… Only information you need is the string you have to replace.

@Kikounet95 Then I have to find the file system in the MX6

the route is dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/by-name/system

is correct?

Now what do i do?

sorry for my bad english

last edited by BernatBCN
Meizu Pro 5

@BernatBCN I don’t know as I don’t have a mx6.
Does the content look the same as the tutorial? If so then you have to discover the value to edit

There is a thread to basically do the same thing on the M3S, I tried it with the correct system file adress, but it doesn’t seem to work. I asked on that thread, will keep you posted if I find a solution there.

Hello to everyone ,
I bought meizu mx6 from china about 1 month ago. So i have to use it with english lanuage but i want to change language to turkish.On flyme 's web site they announced global version of firmware but i dont know how can i install it to my phone. could you please help to me about this issue ?
ibrahimhakki@hotmail.fr

@Vincent-Colignon they’ve answered you with a link http://www.androidworld.it/forum/meizu-mx6-1697/meizu-mx6-da-firmware-asiatico-firmware-globale-g-202895/?s=83ac8a0e650e095c5da194abe1262b2f
And it seems working! I’ve installed international firmware with this instructions successfully! But! There is a problem with access to permissions of applications.
Did you tried it? Do you have same issue?

@Jenya-Leybovich hello, can you enter to recovery mode, and check is there english letters only?

Hi Everyone,

Good News -> I found a way to install the G rom on a A rom successfuly…

It doesn’t require anything technical -> just root the phone in the flyme account parameters -> then download the Superuser App from chainfire on the playstore…Allow SuperSU to have root access

Then download the G rom (5.2.2.3G) and put it in the root folder of the MX6.

Then again download the App Flashfire from the PlayStore and from there you can directly flash any rom you like ->

First time I tried it didn’t work and I thought I’d bricked my phone cause it was stuck on the meizu logo for like 30minutes. I rebooted the phone and it lauched back with the A Rom…I tried a second time and it worked perfectly.

If you want a detailed way to do that check this tutorial http://bit.ly/2dJoOK0

Only downfall -> you canno’t update the rom directly through the update app…you will have to flash the new rom everytime using this method…but hey it works :) and it’s really simple

Enjoyyyyy

@Влад-Vlad nope, there is chinese letters too

@Vincent-Colignon this instruction does not change phone ID to international, and you can’t install global rom directly, then the new rom will appear

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.