MX4 Bricked - Help. Need Nandroid backup

Guys, my MX4 is hard bricked.

I can have only fastboot mode, and i have lost recovery mode and phone is bootlooped at logo.

Can someone with phone make me a Nandroid backup and send me please ;( ?

Follow this simple guide : http://www.gizmochina.com/2014/07/04/how-to-create-mtk65xx-backup-using-mtk-droid-tools-and-then-unbrick/

2 minutes to make him.

PM to me if you want.

Help me guys

:(

Contributor

Don’t really have a MX4 here so can’t help you…
You should have made a backup before trying out stuff (if meizu has not blocked it somehow) cos mediatek devices have a few things you have to be careful about… Like it is very easy to mess up your imei amd baseband data while flashing stuff…

In case someone is making a backup for him make sure you don’t include your imei part in it (i belive it is stored in nvram) but i don’t really have too much knowledge on mediatek device moding so can’t tell you for sure which image it gets backed up in if it does get backed up… You’ll have to do a bit of reading up…

Best of luck…

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

Don’t really have a MX4 here so can’t help you…
You should have made a backup before trying out stuff (if meizu has not blocked it somehow) cos mediatek devices have a few things you have to be careful about… Like it is very easy to mess up your imei amd baseband data while flashing stuff…

In case someone is making a backup for him make sure you don’t include your imei part in it (i belive it is stored in nvram) but i don’t really have too much knowledge on mediatek device moding so can’t tell you for sure which image it gets backed up in if it does get backed up… You’ll have to do a bit of reading up…

Best of luck…

thank you.

I was just fixed my phone if fastboot mode had allowed me to write partitions.

Problem , bad problem is that this fuck of locked bootloader is not like LG or Samsung or HTC phones.

Here in fastboot mode you can’t do nothing , all results are : " Security Error"

Chinese crack !!!

what did you do men? how did you manage to erase the recovery? I mean is hard, right?

You’ve probably already done something with that MTK tool you are talking about… you know, as been said already, MEIZU MX4 isn’t an ordinary MTK device and shouldn’t be treated as such.

I’d suggest you to talk to meizu directly (via meizumart customer support), maybe they’ll help you somehow.

I don’t even think that the nandroid backup will make it all right, but it might…

Contributor

Err… If fastboot is giving you security error it is very likely that bootloader is locked.
Does fastboot even list the mx4 under detected devices?
Does sp tools even work on locked bootloaders?
What did you use to flash your twrp on the mx4? Sp flash tools or mobileuncle tools?

Common guys lets help @thor.
I’m waiting for my mx4 to arrive, I can not help at the moment.

Anyone who has twrp or other custom recovery,
Enter recovery,
make a nand backup,
zip it, upload it,
and thats it.
Or make backup via mtk tools.
Zip it and upload it somewhere

It will take only 5-10 minutes of your free time and you’ll make one mx4 user happy :)

Plus we will know if this method works for unbricking mx4.

Common guys lets be positive and optimistic, don’t be lazy, help one mx4 user, thats whats forums are for.

Administrator

You can’t make a nand backup with the MX4.

@‘AOKP’ said:

Not using custom roms but using MTK Tools absolutely YES .

Use MTK Tools

Help guys

@‘AOKP’ said:

I’m pretty sure that you can
There are another solutions.

Mtk tools can make backup for sure.

Also you can make
a full system/firmware/rom
DUMP via adb.

@‘Gajche’ said:

@‘AOKP’ said:

I’m pretty sure that you can
There are another solutions.

Mtk tools can make backup for sure.

Also you can make a full system dump via adb.

flashed twrp builted of mine trough adb commands, and then have lost recovery partition.

Now, i repeat : i have only access to fastboot mode but to have write capabilities from here, we need a fuck vendor id code to OEM Unlock this fuck of locked bootloader , like Nubia phones for example … :

fastboot -i “vendor id exadecimal” oem unlock

Other method is useful someone of you have MX4 could dump a full phone using MTK Tool and upload it.

This can be useful for us to develop and hel restore bricked phones.

Meizu service is very slow !!!

We can help all of us for now, and for future bricked phones

Contributor

I don’t have a MX4 so can’t really help you much with the backup but I have a feeling this is your first time with fastboot and you are shooting around with eyes closed…

Vendor Id is not going to do anything to unlock the bootloader. It is used only by fastboot to detect your device…
As I asked you earlier… Does fastboot list your MX4 under detected devices while connected in fastboot mode? ( I am assuming that it is detected cos you say you get “Security error” when you try to do anything):
1. If it is detected then vendor Id has no use here (not that having it in commands is going to cause any harm…)
2. If it is not detected then you use the vendor id in your commands…

Atleast my MX3 Meizu uses the vendor id 0x18D1 (Google’s default vendor id) atleast in adb mode. You can confirm the same for MX4 using any app that monitors USB port data (lsusb should work fine)

Every manufacturer has different methods to unlock the bootloader like Nexus devices simply unlock by ‘fastboot oem unlock’, while Sony expects you to generate a device specific key, while htc sends you a blob of data to flash etc… How difficult has Meizu made it for MX4 is upto you to find out… I highlly doubt meizu will have left it as easy as Nexus to open with ‘fastboot oem unlock’ though you can give it a try (I am not to be blamed for any adverse effects though…)

You also haven’t answered if SP tools manages to read anything from your device…

Please read up well about everything you are trying to do before trying them out on your phone. Cos flashing wrong parts with SP tools can mess things up pretty bad…

P.S. PLEASE stop using ‘fuck’ as an adjective everywhere for no reason. I personally find it pretty irritating :dodgy:

Administrator

You are one of the only semi bricks I ever saw on a Meizu device so far.

(Only exception were MX M031/032 users who tried to flash Gingerbread - M030 only!)

Being honest, you won’t get it sorted it without Meizus help.
Also today it is the second day Meizu is back to work. You can’t imagine how many emails they probably have to reply.

Either you wait for Meizu or just leave it and get a new device.

this is a little advice for Meizu Engineers if you are reading :

Do you want lock bootloader ? Well

But leave writable recovery and boot partition from Fastboot mode.

Doing so you 'll have a lot of few return device. People can solve problems by yourself !

Contributor

@‘thor’ said:

this is a little advice for Meizu Engineers if you are reading :

Do you want lock bootloader ? Well

But leave writable recovery and boot partition from Fastboot mode.

Doing so you 'll have a lot of few return device. People can solve problems by yourself !

What sense does a locked bootloader make with a writable recovery and boot partition…

And I doubt anyone has had to return their device ending up brcked like yours…

Are you going to answer the questions I have been asking?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.