Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

Meizu M3 mini bricked with no recovery

Today I tried to install Xposed framework on my Meizu M3 mini. Unfortunately my device is now in a bootloop. I tried to restart my phone into recovery mode but It doesn’t have one!! I also tried to flash boot.img with fastboot but I am not allowed. I think because my device bootloader is locked. What can I do? Put my Meizu in a trash…? :(

Migha128

@Migha128 It’s got to have a recovery, try again, maybe you did sth wrong.

Which combination? I tried Power on and volume up…

@Migha128
That’s strange.
What xposed guide have you followed ?

Tried pressing power until the phone shuts down completely (may take several seconds)
and then power + vol up until the meizu sign reappear ?

@kokotonix said in Meizu M3 mini bricked with no recovery:

@Migha128
That’s strange.
What xposed guide have you followed ?

Tried pressing power until the phone shuts down completely (may take several seconds)
and then power + vol up until the meizu sign reappear ?

I found a tutorial for the M3 on http://4pda.ru/forum/. I tried it. I can shutdown the Phone but with power + volume up it will not boot in recovery but only shows the MEIZU logo and when I release the button it’s restarts and then tries to boot the phone.
I think there is now way and I must put that phone in the trash… haha…

And in that state, have you tried connecting the phone to the PC ?
A “recovery” drive should appear so you can put the update.zip file there for it to be auto installed in the next power up cycle.

A “recovery” drive should appear so you can put the update.zip file there for it to be auto installed in the next power up cycle.

I plug it in my computer when my phone is in a bootloop but it is not showing a recovery drive. Can I try to put that zip on a sdcard and then put it in my phone? Will that work too?

@Migha128 said in Meizu M3 mini bricked with no recovery:

I plug it in my computer when my phone is in a bootloop but it is not showing a recovery drive. Can I try to put that zip on a sdcard and then put it in my phone? Will that work too?

Ok thats not working…

Unfortunately, update.zip must be on the root of internal memory if upgrading from flyme, or in the Recovery partition if boting from Recovery.
Not on SD card.

Try to exhaust battery to 0% that it doesn"t show Meizu logo anymore but empty battery with some Chineese stuff below, then charge it to 100%. And change or remove your SIM or switch the slot.

Sounds strange but once I had similar problems and experimenting as above eventually helped me to boot again

@Migha128
I’ve also made a stupid mistake with my m3 mini.
Now it is also stuck in reboot loop.

I can only access fastboot (power + vol-)
In this we could reflash boot and recovery using:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

but unfortunatelly we need the unencrypted version of boot.img and recovery.img - can someone provide both for m3 mini ? or how to decrypt the ones that came inside a normal update.zip ?

Other aproach
fastboot update update.zip
it gives error:
update package has no android-info.txt !!!

Does anyone knows what to do ???

@Migha128
I’ve also made a stupid mistake with my m3 mini.
Now it is also stuck in reboot loop.

I can only access fastboot (power + vol-)
In this we could reflash boot and recovery using:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

but unfortunatelly we need the unencrypted version of boot.img and recovery.img - can someone provide both for m3 mini ? or how to decrypt the ones that came inside a normal update.zip ?

Other aproach
fastboot update update.zip
it gives error:
update package has no android-info.txt !!!

Does anyone knows what to do ???

Serious…? Thats sad :( I said that there’s no recovery and that’s so strange.
Maybe it won’t flash update.zip because the phone is bootloader locked?
I really dont know how to decrypt a boot.img and recovery.img but will that do the trick?

This post is deleted!

@Migha128

Now I believe that the only solution is flashing the special update.zip file trough fastboot.

Haha but where do we get that…

Xposed archives isn’t containing recovery image, so it would be very surprising this the root cause for not entering recovery …
Another tips from commandline with adb : “adb reboot recovery”

Meizu PRO 5 4Gb | ID changed, rooted & running latest G build (beta) + Xposed + TWRP

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.