A few issues

First off…love this phone.

Just wondering if the following are known bugs, or just me. I’m running 4.0.2I (OTA updated)

• Sound. When I lower the volume all the way with the volume rocker, it doesn’t silence the notifications. Only when I go lower it in the settings context menu does it become silent. Also the lowest volume level seems quite loud.

• Swiping up to unlock the phone randomly doesn’t work. I have to use the top power button

• Navigating text with Google keyboard. Often when I’m manually moving the cursor it will become unresponsive. I have to close then re-open the keyboard for it to work again

• When I add Google calendar for my Outlook work appointments I get duplicate notifications from the stock app and the Gcalendar. If I remove my work calendar from stock it removes it from Google. Obviously these are tied together. Just wondering if I can only receive notifications from Gcalendar

Looking forward to future improvements. Lot’s of potential on this beauty.

Contributor

2. You are supposed to swipe up only from the home button to unlock.
3. I have the same problem on mx3 with swiftkey… Like if i try to move the cursor to some other point in semtemce it won’t move… And whem it does i can’t move it back to other place after I’m done…

Admin

I dont know if thats a common bug of Flyme or Android but Ive experienced it on both on Meizu and other phones with Android… And its a horrible bug. Try to find a keyboard which doesnt make you go crazy mad with this. Ive been using flyme keyboard which IMO has the less of this issue (makes me type with less mistakes i guess?)

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

You might be able to revoke the permission of the calendar app to give you notifications, I’ve sent my MX4 away for repair so I can’t test this for you.

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

2. You are supposed to swipe up only from the home button to unlock.

Yes but with you can also swipe up from the screen and it will unlock. Either way they will both stop working.

@’*M*’ said:

You might be able to revoke the permission of the calendar app to give you notifications, I’ve sent my MX4 away for repair so I can’t test this for you.

Great suggestion. Unfortunately Exchange services and calendar don’t show up in the permissions manager.

@'terrapin4 said:

Great suggestion. Unfortunately Exchange services and calendar don’t show up in the permissions manager.

Well if you plan to root it then you can probably use something like Xprivacy to do this. Otherwise I’m not sure if you can do this on FlymeOS, but try long pressing the notification itself, go to app info and turn off notifications there or mute it through the apps menu.

http://bgr.com/2014/07/23/how-to-disable-android-app-notifications/

Contributor

@’*M*’ said:

Have you tried:
Settings - > accesibility - > apps - > slect all tab - > calendar or whatever app - > toggle “show notification”

P. S. :*M* just posted the same before me :P

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

@’*M*’ said:

Have you tried:
Settings - > accesibility - > apps - > slect all tab - > calendar or whatever app - > toggle “show notification”

P. S. :*M* just posted the same before me :P

Yup tried that. Looks like Flyme doesn’t support the show notification toggle in the apps list. Kind of disappointing.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.