[GUIDE] Multi-language in Chinese MEIZU - NO ROOT NEEDED
[BONUS] rid off flyme desktop interface
Yeah. That’s it.
No root needed !
Short story: I have a meizu m3 mini. With a supposedly “I” ROM. With a nasty front camera bug
[EDIT] Updated to the 22.214.171.124Y (working also with 126.96.36.199Y and 188.8.131.52Y)
Front camera is now ok.
BUT lost my international language
So: What to do to recover my language WITHOUT ROOTING ?
= Part I - Force a system language
Install MoreLangs from SightIdea Studio
Choose your language.
Your language will be automatically detected and use by most languages. (*)
Just (some) android-meizu settings and notifications will still be in english.
(*) Is MoreLangs fails, the easiest approach is to elevate their privileges to change system languages using adb:
adb shell pm grant sightidea.com.setlocale android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION
And run morelangs again.
If you don’t know how to use adb, I suggest searching for "15 seconds adb installer"
and follow this guide:
= Part II - Change desktop to your language (bye bye fly-me hello google):
- Install Google Now Launcher
- Execute-it once.
- Follow its instructions (Go to settings / apps / default apps / home and select-it as the launcher)
If google is not in the list of “home” apps, there’s a simple “turn around”:
- uninstall google now launcher and google search (or just google);
- go to settings / apps and clean cache and data from the flyme launcher;
- in my launcher (portuguese) is called “instalador”, in english might be “installer”, “launcher” or something similar with the flyme blue ballon icon.
- this will clear your desktop interface;
- install google search and run it once
- install google now launcher and run it - follow the instructions to activate. It should now be in the list of launchers. activate it.
(Every google app detects your force system language and uses it automatically)
The desktop is in your language.
Every app that supports your language will be automatically translated - Every google app, playstore, chrome, facebook, whatsapp, etc …
Only the system settings and some system notifications will still be in english.