Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

[GUIDE] Multi-language in Chinese MEIZU - NO ROOT NEEDED !!! /// [BONUS] rid off flyme desktop interface

[GUIDE] Multi-language in Chinese MEIZU - NO ROOT NEEDED !!!
[BONUS] rid off flyme desktop interface

Yeah. That’s it.
No root needed !
Short story: I have a meizu m3 mini. With a supposedly “I” ROM. With a nasty front camera bug :(
[EDIT] Updated to the 5.6.8.16Y (working also with 5.6.8.23Y and 5.6.8.30Y)
Front camera is now ok.

BUT lost my international language :(
So: What to do to recover my language WITHOUT ROOTING ?

= Part I - Force a system language

Install
Install MoreLangs from SightIdea Studio
Run it
Choose your language.
Your language will be automatically detected and use by most languages. (*)
Just (some) android-meizu settings and notifications will still be in english.

(*) Is MoreLangs fails, the easiest approach is to elevate their privileges to change system languages using adb:
[code]
adb shell pm grant sightidea.com.setlocale android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION
[/CODE]
And run morelangs again.

If you don’t know how to use adb, I suggest searching for "15 seconds adb installer"
and follow this guide:
http://blog.sightidea.com/?p=180

= Part II - Change desktop to your language (bye bye fly-me hello google):

• Install Google Now Launcher
  • Execute-it once.
  • Follow its instructions (Go to settings / apps / default apps / home and select-it as the launcher)

If google is not in the list of “home” apps, there’s a simple “turn around”:

• uninstall google now launcher and google search (or just google);
  • go to settings / apps and clean cache and data from the flyme launcher;
  • in my launcher (portuguese) is called “instalador”, in english might be “installer”, “launcher” or something similar with the flyme blue ballon icon.
  • this will clear your desktop interface;
  • install google search and run it once
  • install google now launcher and run it - follow the instructions to activate. It should now be in the list of launchers. activate it.

done :)

(Every google app detects your force system language and uses it automatically)

= Conclusion:

The desktop is in your language.
Every app that supports your language will be automatically translated - Every google app, playstore, chrome, facebook, whatsapp, etc …
Only the system settings and some system notifications will still be in english.

Hello
Where to get the firmware 5.8.8.16Y . I Meizu m3 mini and I do not have multi language .
Yours and please and help

@master2007 said in [GUIDE] Multi-language in Chinese MEIZU - NO ROOT NEEDED !!! /// [BONUS] rid off flyme desktop interface:

Hello
Where to get the firmware 5.8.8.16Y . I Meizu m3 mini and I do not have multi language
Yours and please and help
Sorry. Is misspelled it:
it is 5.6.8.16Y (i’ve corrected it) , but there are new versions: 5.6.8.23Y, and 5.6.8.30Y

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.