4.02u no push notifications

I have upgraded from 4.0.1u which has now solved the menu issues i was suffering, only to introduce new major issue.
I do not receive notifications unless i open apps up. If i do not open the app, sometimes i will recieve notifications and sometimes i will not. This is a game ending issue for me as it renders my phone unusable. I have been doing side by side tests against my note 3, cross messaging, using my computer to send emails, using pushbullet to try and figure out why the MX4 randomly recieves notifications. My internet connection seems fine, I am on wifi, haven’t done 3g testing extensively yet as pay as you go in china is expensive ^^ . I have chekced to make sure wifi is set to remain awake, I have tried all 3 different power modes… does not seem to make a difference. I have rebooted, tried with and without vpn connections on devices… I can not for the life of me figure out why.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Hope I am not alone again, like i was in the menu missing on 4.0.1

Why not use Flyme OS 4.0.2A?

Contributor

Have to ask… Are you running any kind of battery saver/task killer /ram optimezer or greenify like apps?

all fine for me with 4.0.2

Envoyé de mon MX4 en utilisant Tapatalk

@‘HondaRacer’ said:

Why not use Flyme OS 4.0.2A?

@honda I am a china unicom user, so its convenient to have the sms data tracking tied into the os.

@grey I have uninstalled pushbullet to see if that made a difference. It did not. I will recieve a single notification, from an app… and then nothing, sometimes the led will flicker… not using stock email app, using boxer and cloudmagic to see if another email app would work. Have the same setup mirrored on my note 3… sending emails from mac to addresses on both phones… cc’ing note 3 recieves the emails within seconds. gmail to gmail, gmail to fastmail gmail to outlook and vice versa… same with with telegram, desktop telegram to both phones in a group chat, notification comes up near instantly on my note. Both phones are on same wifi, have tried seperate connections etc… no difference.

To answer i do not use greenify on mx4, use it on my other phone… no problems. No taskkiller or battery modifier , etc type app installed, just email clients, wechat telegram twitter reddit and some translate apps so far…

ahh, the only non standard thing i have done, is titanium backup… and then run market fixer to connect specific apk’s to google play. But that shouldn’t affect system notifications, as those apps seem to work ok…

@‘jazzypit’ said:

all fine for me with 4.0.2

Are you on A or U firmware? I am on U currently, but am downloading A now, to see if it makes a difference.

i m on I international firmware

@‘jazzypit’ said:

i m on I international firmware

Wiped phone, installed 4.02a as international will not install on 461 model. I tried.

Worked briefly, and now back to not recieving push notifications again, tested on telegram, threema, boxer mail app, pushbullet, and cloudmagic. All pushes coming through on note 3, and am testing messaging back and forth.

No battery or greenify software installed.

I do use a vpn connection, same server on both devices… no issues on note, and no internet connectivity issues on mx4 when i am in the device or apps using them.

I think its a brick for me at the moment, as this is unusable. Do not recieve wechats without opening app, which in China is game ending. Disappointed because the hardware and the aesthetic are nice.

You can’t send back this device to replace?.

Enviado desde mi MI 2S mediante Tapatalk

Have the same problem with last 4.0.4A firmware, is there any solution?

Same as me with 4.1.1A.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Contributor

Settings - > wifi - > more - > wifi sleep is disabled?

Even if it disables, the 3G network should theoretically still be able to acquire new messages and allow the MX4 to display notifications… But good thinking @GreyGhost ;)

Contributor

@OMGRonnie,
Yeah… I suggested it because he mentions in the 1st post that he hasn’t tried it on 3g…

@GreyGhost

Well there you go! I stick with what I said earlier, good thinking ;) haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.