New MX2 user, upgrade software?

Hi, I just got an MX2 and I’m wondering if is better to let the phone be as it is or if is recommended to upgrade to android KitKat and Flyme 3.2 or higher, what do you suggest?

Thanks a lot.

Upgrading to the latest official firmware is always recommended.

And which is the latest, non problems version for the phones outside of China? I’m from Spain.

Depends if you have an international version device or not. The international version has English text below the backcover, the Chinese version has Chinese text.

Well I just paid for it, I should have it in two days, as you can see I’m very impatient with the arrival.

Hi, finally I got the phone and… BIG PROBLEM! for some stupid reason the distributor has install a rom from xiaomi, MIUI 4.2.25. What do I have to do to erase this crap and install the propper Flyme? the phone must be the chinese version becasue all the text on the box and manual is in chinese.

1. Connect the phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable and copy the update.bin (or update.zip) file into the root directory of the SD card.
2. Disconnect the phone and power off.
3. Press power button and volume up (+) at the same time.
4. Wait until the Flyme boot screen appears on the screen.
5. To start the upgrade, click the “upgrade” button; to cancel the upgrade, click on the “cancel” button to quit and reboot.
5.5 Clearing data: if you want to clear all your data, please tick the “clear data” box and the process will clear all your personal data, including your notes, mail, contacts, and settings, but your files on the SD card (music, photos, etc.) will not be affected.
6. Do not power off during the upgrade process.
7. Please ensure there is an adequate charge on the battery (bare minimum 20%) for the upgrade.
8. The phone will automatically reboot after the upgrade is completed.

This process will eliminate the MIUI system? wich version of Flyme shoul I install? I need one with spanish or english.

Do I need to install android 4.4 for this Flyme version? actually I have 4.1.1 and is fine by me. Still don’t know if installing flyme will erase all the MIUI data, I just want a clean meizu with his flyme, but I dont whant to make a mistake and let the phone useless.

Thanks

Administrator

Just follow HondaRacers’s instruction above.
And select the Clear Data option.

I did it! it was pretty easy. First problem, when it ask me for my flyme account, I already registed on the website days ago, it says tha the phone is registered to fotolab@flyme.cn and I must log out first from that account, but I dont know the password… Also at the option to add accounts there is no google option, and I dont know how to install the google play store to install my aps…

Contributor

@‘aguiloco’ said:

I did it! it was pretty easy. First problem, when it ask me for my flyme account, I already registed on the website days ago, it says tha the phone is registered to fotolab@flyme.cn and I must log out first from that account, but I dont know the password… Also at the option to add accounts there is no google option, and I dont know how to install the google play store to install my aps…

You will have to get the original owner of the phone to unbind the device from the old account or give you the password…
Read the sticky thread under MX2 Apps subforum on how to install google services…

Its suppose to be a new phone, it has all protective plastics and seems new, how can it be registered to another user? this is getting harder…

Administrator

I knew it.

Your dealer probably sold you a stolen device.

Anyway, ask him and see what he replies.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.