MX2 no IMEI, unknown baseband, phone is off as sim not recognised

I wish I come to the right place to seek help.

My meizu MX2 (m040) always saying “phone is off” but in fact sim is inside n is working if put into other mobile. Setting shows no IMEI, no SN, unknown baseband. It is now in Flyme OS 3.5.1 (11894) n is a HK version. see screenshots attached. I tried to flashed the latest “Update.zip” obtained in the HK maintainence center but failed with error msge “the system has been rooted, plse download a full package”! Lastly I did the factory reset but can’t resolve the problem. “the phone is off” at all time but other functions like wifi, playing music works fine.

I noticed some posts talking about turning on engineer mode to reach CDS info section then radio section to amend the IMEI but I have never able to get to this path. Having tried using mobileuncle but also unable to get into CDS info.

Plse help if any way to solve the “phone is off” issues? Your advise is very much appreciated.

Tx in advance.

[attachment=499][attachment=500]

I think this is a hardware error. Some others had this problem as well, if I remember correctly. You need to contact Meizu customer service at cs@meizu.com.hk

You have to contact the shop,werde your got your phone . You should have 1 year full warranty. Send it to your seller. They should send it to the meizu reparieren Team.Your Mainboard will be replaced and everything is fine.

I got the same error in the past and tried all kinds of stuff,but nothing worked.

“Autowritting make me say things, I didn’t nintendo.”

Visited meizu hk already n advised to replace mainboard at price quoted HK$1,400. Not understanding why use hardware replacement to solve software problem! Seeking capable man to lend a hand to solve. Anyone can tell some experience?

Because it’s a hardware problem, unfortunately…

Contributor

@‘kkspoon’ said:

Visited meizu hk already n advised to replace mainboard at price quoted HK$1,400. Not understanding why use hardware replacement to solve software problem! Seeking capable man to lend a hand to solve. Anyone can tell some experience?

How did the problem start? Did you try to flash some custom rom or something?
As far as i understand you cam end up with such a problem when you flash something to one of the system partition containing the baseband and imei details or the said partition gets corrupted or hardware failure…

One day I simply follow the link to update the Flyme then few days later becoming like this after wake up from bed. Resume normal once while in meizu hk centre flashing their update.zip but soon back to old problem - phone is off n no IMEI, no basehand.

Anyone know how to get into mx2’s CDS info and radio info path so that to rewrite IMEI? Some postings talk about going into engineer mode, any experience?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.