Can't update to newer version

Hi guys,

Right now I have Flyme 5.1.4.1Y on my Meizu M3 but I saw that there is a newer version for my device to download on this website. A version for YunOS, but I downloaded the .zip but can’t update it. I view the zip in my documents and click on it and It dont give a popup with Update. It only asks me if I want to extract it. Then I tried to restart my phone in recovery mode to install it via recovery but it won’t work. My Meizu restarts just again and won’t open recovery. What can I do? I really want to constantly update my device. Is this a known problem and is there a workaround?

Migha128

If you download the update.zip on your pc and copy it to the root directory of your phone it should give you the option to update when you boot in recovery.
Assuming you have the same device series as me you have a global firmware at the moment, and I have to say that updating to a chinese firmware comes with a ton of chinese bloatware and requires you to install the google play services apps via an apk.
I’ve also had some issues with the security app, but that might be due to not clearing the data, so I’d recommend doing a clean install.

last edited by mxz

@mxz said in Can't update to newer version:

If you download the update.zip on your pc and copy it to the root directory of your phone it should give you the option to update when you boot in recovery.
Assuming you have the same device series as me you have a global firmware at the moment, and I have to say that updating to a chinese firmware comes with a ton of chinese bloatware and requires you to install the google play services apps via an apk.
I’ve also had some issues with the security app, but that might be due to not clearing the data, so I’d recommend doing a clean install.

Hey mxz,

Yes it should give me the option to update but it does not. I have YunOS (Y) on the Phone and thats not the Global (G) version right? Or am I wrong? Also my phone won’t boot into recovery mode. Only fastboot is possible.

I have the following version on my M3:
YunOS version 3.1.6
Flyme 5.1.4.1Y (Powered by YunOS)

But it’s strange that I can’t update with that zip file. It only gives me the choise to extract it. I have also a Meizu M2 Mini and I know how it works, but no luck with the M3 mini…

Migha128

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.