Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

M3 Note Front Facing Camera Issue

Hi there,

I recently got about 5 M3 Note with the A firmware installed. I needed the G firmware and made the switch with the ID changer in a guide I found (I can link if you need). So, after rooting,changing the ID to accept the G Firmware. I proceeded with FlashFire, because the recovery was complaining that the update.zip was an “old version” for 5.1.3.2G and 5.1.3.3G. The devices all came with 5.1.3.4A

Now the main problem, is the front facing camera, which doesn’t work on any of the 5 Units, which indicates a software problem and not hardware. When I click the camera switch icon on the app, it shows the flip animation, but remains on the rear camera. I installed some 3rd party apps from the PlayStore, but all crash while switching to the front-camera.

I searched a lot and it seems I’m the only one facing this problem.

I don’t know if I can link the the guides I followed:
Guide to change device ID: Google search for: gizbeat 10366
Guide to flash with FlashFire: Google search for: gizbeat 10445

PS
As a Bonus
I faced the first issue: the screen was upside down. The solution to this was to change a value in a file called build.prop (inside the system folder) to make the screen flip again.

the value I changed was“ro.sf.hwrotation=0″ -> I changed to 180 (very hard to do without a bluetooth keyboard)

Admin

There is a relatively simple fix for your problem.
Reinstall the firmware, but wipe during the upgrade.

Without a wipe old drivers (those from the A firmware) remain and can cause problems in the G one.

@Rey said in M3 Note Front Facing Camera Issue:

There is a relatively simple fix for your problem.
Reinstall the firmware, but wipe during the upgrade.

Without a wipe old drivers (those from the A firmware) remain and can cause problems in the G one.

I already tried several times to re-install. I tried 5.1.3.1, 5.1.3.2, and 5.1.3.3. After the reboot, the screen is upside down, that’s not a problem, but the front-facing camera is not working.

Currently as I’m typing, I’m waiting for the phone to finish the install of the latest A, and will once again try as you mentioned.

Btw, do you know a better source/link for downloading the latest G version? I would much appreciate that.

PS.
Can the ID change cause the issue?

@spamtsoukos said in M3 Note Front Facing Camera Issue:

Hi there,

I recently got about 5 M3 Note with the A firmware installed. I needed the G firmware and made the switch with the ID changer in a guide I found (I can link if you need). So, after rooting,changing the ID to accept the G Firmware. I proceeded with FlashFire, because the recovery was complaining that the update.zip was an “old version” for 5.1.3.2G and 5.1.3.3G. The devices all came with 5.1.3.4A

Now the main problem, is the front facing camera, which doesn’t work on any of the 5 Units, which indicates a software problem and not hardware. When I click the camera switch icon on the app, it shows the flip animation, but remains on the rear camera. I installed some 3rd party apps from the PlayStore, but all crash while switching to the front-camera.

I searched a lot and it seems I’m the only one facing this problem.

I don’t know if I can link the the guides I followed:
Guide to change device ID: Google search for: gizbeat 10366
Guide to flash with FlashFire: Google search for: gizbeat 10445

PS
As a Bonus
I faced the first issue: the screen was upside down. The solution to this was to change a value in a file called build.prop (inside the system folder) to make the screen flip again.

the value I changed was“ro.sf.hwrotation=0″ -> I changed to 180 (very hard to do without a bluetooth keyboard)

Hi dude, I’m having the same issue, I was in 5.1.3.5A, updated to the new beta but had problemas with google services, then I decided to go back to 5.1.3.1G, 5.1.3.2G or 5.1.3.3.G but then I started having “firmware is too old” message, then I went to THIS tutorial and now I can’t install any firmware with any method. Just stuck in 5.1.3.2G with a not working front camera… please help, thank in advance!!

try the new beta firmware and wipe all the data. it may sove your problem. changing to global firmware do not change the performance of the device. if you want google services try google installer in app store after installing the beta.

@l3st4t said in M3 Note Front Facing Camera Issue:

Hi dude, I’m having the same issue, I was in 5.1.3.5A, updated to the new beta but had problemas with google services, then I decided to go back to 5.1.3.1G, 5.1.3.2G or 5.1.3.3.G but then I started having “firmware is too old” message, then I went to THIS tutorial and now I can’t install any firmware with any method. Just stuck in 5.1.3.2G with a not working front camera… please help, thank in advance!!

I was able to return to A firmware by flashing it from within the included Update App. Now I wait for a better G firmware.

@spamtsoukos
Hi, Can you describe how you did it , I have the same problem

I have a M3 (not Note) and the front camera is not working also.
My phone comes with 5.1.3.0 I version.
Unfortunately the latest firmware releases for M3 are all “Y” :(

I got a few M3 Notes today that include a version number that is 5.11.3.4A and are working ok. I’m wondering what is this 5.11.x.x ?? Where can we find it?

Any updates here?

I’m just facing the same front camera issue and I do not want to install chinese Rom.

Thank you.

@tiner said in M3 Note Front Facing Camera Issue:

Any updates here?

I’m just facing the same front camera issue and I do not want to install chinese Rom.

Thank you.

Sorry mate, not fixed yet for me at least… still no official G firmware.

I am facing a similar issue with my m3 note (firmware 5.1.3.2G) but the front camera worked for about 30 seconds then stopped working, I have tried third party camera apps resetting the camera app and rebooting.

i had the same problem with 5.1.3.2G , i tried to update to 5.1.3.3 but made a mistake with the downloaded rom and isntalled 5.6.8.23 BETA. It is chinese which is terrible for me , english translations aren’t good and bloatware is’nt nice. BUT the camera is fixed. Anyway , i tried to downgrade to global again and it doesn’t work : Os is to old is the error…so camera is fixed but i’m stuck on a chinese beta software which has a lot of bugs for sms app , mobile internet etc…

Currently there the ROM from needrom website is not compatible with M681Q and only works (kinda) M681H. There is no stable G version for M681Q, currently as far as I know.

To bad guys.
I start to believe that it is hardware related…
Thz problem comes back with every os.
I’m bringing it back under warranty

Looks like your connection to M3 Note Front Facing Camera Issue was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.