[TUTORIAL] How to root your Meizu M3 mini

I found a way to root the Meizu M3 mini. In this tutorial I will explain how you can root the M3 mini.

Step 1
Search on the Play Store to the app “QuickShortcutMaker” and install it on your device.

Step 2
Open the app and go to the tab “Activities” and scroll down and search for “User Center”.

Step 3
Click on “User Center” and search for the following activity: “com.meizu.root.OpenSystemRightActivity” and click on it.

Step 4
Now click on “Try” and now it will displays a windows where you can root your Meizu M3 mini. Click on “Accept” and then on "“OK”.

Step 5
Now download the Kingroot application on the website: https://kingroot.net/ and then follow the steps in Kingroot for rooting your Meizu.

Well done! Now your Meizu M3 mini is rooted!

last edited by Migha128
Admin

@Migha128 not needed. Simply log into Flyme and then go to Settings>(Fingerprint) and security>Root permission

Thats it.

@Rey
There is no such option in Meizu M3 (not the Note version but the 2GB RAM simple version of M3).

Yeah, none of the M3 Mini firmwares I’ve tried have the root permission option (I have the 3-32 version), I think it was scrapped from Flyme right before the phone came out? But this way worked fine so thanks for the info Migha.

In addition to this I bought SuperSU-Me on the app store which removes Kingroot (because it’s just kind of fucky) and simply installs SuperSU. Extremely easy via two button presses and a reboot.

The only ‘issue’ as usual is that apps that scan for root like Snapchat simply won’t work. And the only way to unroot seems to be to do a full clean data install of a firmware, please correct me if I’m wrong.

@mxz said in [TUTORIAL] How to root your Meizu M3 mini:

Yeah, none of the M3 Mini firmwares I’ve tried have the root permission option (I have the 3-32 version), I think it was scrapped from Flyme right before the phone came out? But this way worked fine so thanks for the info Migha.

In addition to this I bought SuperSU-Me on the app store which removes Kingroot (because it’s just kind of fucky) and simply installs SuperSU. Extremely easy via two button presses and a reboot.

The only ‘issue’ as usual is that apps that scan for root like Snapchat simply won’t work. And the only way to unroot seems to be to do a full clean data install of a firmware, please correct me if I’m wrong.

That’s nice. I find SuperSU alot better too! The only problem is that I tried that trick with SuperSu-Me on my Meizu M2 and SuperSU was installed on my device and Kingroot removed. Then my M2 get stuck in a bootloop… And I dont want that with my M3 because I use this phone right now, haha. But it is save to use SuperSU-Me on the M3?

@Migha128

I also have a m3 mini
I was searching for a root solution :)

The front camera is not working :(

Mine has firmware 5.1.3.0 I
Do you know if I can install the new beta “Y” versions on it ?
will I loose the non-english languages ?

@kokotonix said in [TUTORIAL] How to root your Meizu M3 mini:

@Migha128

I also have a m3 mini
I was searching for a root solution :)

The front camera is not working :(

Mine has firmware 5.1.3.0 I
Do you know if I can install the new beta “Y” versions on it ?
will I loose the non-english languages ?

The most important languages are still there. Which language do you prefer or use?
If the zip file gives you the opportunity to update your M3 it will be okay I think. Give it a try. I still can’t update my phone…

Languages available on my Meizu M3 with the YunOS version are:

• Chinese
  • Arabic
  • Bulgarian
  • Croatian
  • Czech
  • Dutch
  • English (US)
  • English (India)
  • Estonian
  • French
  • German
  • Greek
  • Hebrew
  • Hindi
  • Hungarian
  • Indonesian
  • etc. etc.

Good luck!

Migha128

@Migha128
What version is your m3 mini ?
Can you confirm you have the Portuguese language ?
Does the front camera works ok ?

Thank you very much

(I will try to root my m3 using your instructions and upgrade trough recovery - after backing up the rom)

@Migha128

Thank you very much

(I will try to root my m3 using your instructions and upgrade trough recovery - after backing up the rom)

Hey kokotonix,

My device is running on Flyme 5.1.4.1Y (YunOS).
YunOS version: 3.1.6

Yes, the Português language is available. Of course the front camera is working. But I can’t believe that it will be fixed if you update your Meizu to this version but you can give it a try!

Good luck!

@Migha128 said in [TUTORIAL] How to root your Meizu M3 mini:

@Migha128

Thank you very much

Hey kokotonix,

My device is running on Flyme 5.1.4.1Y (YunOS).
YunOS version: 3.1.6

Yes, the Português language is available. Of course the front camera is working. But I can’t believe that it will be fixed if you update your Meizu to this version but you can give it a try!

Good luck!

Unfortunately you ROOT method doesn’t work in my meizu m3 mini (anyway kingo root has the meizu m3 mini in the queue for rooting - just wait some weeks).

Updating to 5.6.8.16Y (beta) solved my front camera bug :)
Of course, I’ve lost the portuguese language :(

But it is quite simple to force any language in a meizu. even with a chinese ROM without ROOT ! ;)
(I’m preparing a small guide that will post in some minutes)

@Migha128 said in [TUTORIAL] How to root your Meizu M3 mini:

I found a way to root the Meizu M3 mini. In this tutorial I will explain how you can root the M3 mini.

Step 1
Search on the Play Store to the app “QuickShortcutMaker” and install it on your device.

Step 2
Open the app and go to the tab “Activities” and scroll down and search for “User Center”.

Step 3
Click on “User Center” and search for the following activity: “com.meizu.root.OpenSystemRightActivity” and click on it.

Step 4
Now click on “Try” and now it will displays a windows where you can root your Meizu M3 mini. Click on “Accept” and then on "“OK”.

Step 5
Now download the Kingroot application on the website: https://kingroot.net/ and then follow the steps in Kingroot for rooting your Meizu.

Well done! Now your Meizu M3 mini is rooted!

I cand confirm that this method works with my meizu M3 mini, using 2 additional points:

1. firmware must be 5.1.4.0Y
  2. the rooting application must be kingoroot (not kingroot).

Further firmware updates will remove root, except if you update by flashing only system.img trough adb (with root enabled).

This method is not working, at least at the time I am writing (today). Kingoroot is a “bullshit app” and says “rooted” at the end but isn’t true.

0_1472930608940_14256316_963764973746058_455983770_n.jpg

Not work, another application for root?

You can root in version 5.1.4.1Y
The you install supersu (normal)
Reboot
and flash only the system.img of the new firmware (to avoid loosing root).

• To get the system.img, you needed the new firmware update.zip.
  • Extract “system.new.dat” and “system.transfer.list”.
  • Use “sdat2img.exe” to extract system.img from those.
  • Then copy it to the “/” of the external sd-card.

Then, using adb shell:

• su -c c dd if=/storage/sdcard1/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system bs=40960
  • wait …
  • reboot.

Carefull: it will update ANY system-img !!!

IF the system is not as you want, you can always revert back to 5140Y.
I suggest you keep a copy of 5140Y as update.zip in the root ("/") of the sd-card.
If anything goes wrong, boot into recovery (power+vol+) and select update firmware and wipe all data.

BE CAREFULL: Never flash a recovery partition or you may F@§@£ you phone ! Brick it ! Kill it ! AS i’ve done :(
(stuck in a boot, only with acces to a locked fastboot)

I personally solved
YES… rooting a M3s (mini) is easy and I would everybody advice to read my (faredino2) long post here …please scroll down until you see my long post starting with IT IS POSSIBLE …I DID IT !!!

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.