Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

[Question] Battery life

Hi !
A lot of people are saying they get incredible battery life (around two days)…
I’m barely doing 8-9h before charging the phone again… And updating it didn’t change this…
Am I missing something? Are there some tweaks to do in order to have my phone lasting for more than one day (without root as it’s not working since 5.1.6)

Thanks a lot in advance,

Nightlyside

I’m using it with the “low power mode” enabled all the time… I’m browsing the web like 1-2h a day and sending messages … That’s all… And yeah… Listening to music for 1-2h too

@Nightlyside Well is kinda bad if you use it with the low power mode something is wrong (was reading in the 5.1.6G thread that it have a very poor battery optimisation in this build)
I use it too but it last longer for sure (full charged at 15h ) since i have listen 2 h to music some 4g and i’am currently at 83%
Maybe leave in balance mode the low may be have some bug or whatever … :/

I don"t know :/ i did found a long time ago a post where they’re saying how they manage to do this… But I can’t find it on the forum…
I’m trying to update to 5.1.6G (I’m now on 5.6 beta to see if that’s changing anything…)

last edited by Nightlyside

Maybe should I switch to A version?

@Nightlyside I’am on 5.1.6.0G Stable (coming from U rom) and didn’t have any problem with battery
the stable one may solve your problem try it :)

@Nightlyside @Vympel Set it on Balance, there is bug that makes the phone consume more battery on Low Power Mode than in Balance
The Kernel of this phone is so fucking messed up, If you want I can share the Kernel of an old version where I got pretty good battery life

Meizu Pro 5

@Asiier hello, can you share the kernel please? Thanks

@Danijel-Jovanovic StockKernel-5.6.2.3A.zip You will need to have a custom Recovery to flash it, Flashify may work as well. I made it a Zip file so is easy to flash

Meizu Pro 5

I have TWRP, but my version is G? It will work with g? Thanks

@Danijel-Jovanovic Yeah, the Kernel is the same for all version

@Asiier said in [Question] Battery life:

@Nightlyside @Vympel Set it on Balance, there is bug that makes the phone consume more battery on Low Power Mode than in Balance
The Kernel of this phone is so fucking messed up, If you want I can share the Kernel of an old version where I got pretty good battery life

Do you recommend the custom kernel on XDA??
Moreover… I can’t seem to root the phone… It’s written : server connection error…

@Nightlyside Not really, even with a lot of modding on the kernel I couldn’t get much better battery results
If you are looking for performance it may help, but keep in mind that it will most probably drain the battery of your PRO 5
Since I did have TWRP as recovery I could just flash SuperSU .zip, although that would fuck up the kernel and make that system only able to read files and write (but only in like /system, /dev … like the actual system stuff)
Btw, the current version of that Kernel is v.15 so the one in XDA is really outdated, If you want to use Ultimate Kernel ask me for the latest version and I’ll share with you the files
And the developer told that he most probably won’t work anymore on it, so v.15 is the final version, even though it’s everything but finished

last edited by Asiier

Looks like your connection to [Question] Battery life was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.